Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all! I'm repairing my front end wiring harnesses and am having a tough time finding a supplier to replace the push in and twist connectors that go into the signal lights. Anyone know who carries them?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Wiring

You might try M&H wiring they make a wiring harness for all the old chevy's
etc. you maybe able to get those connecters through them or maybe just
purchase front end light harness. just google M&H eletrical

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I am also looking for these, but just the connector bodies so I can splice my turn signal leads directly into a button terminal at contacts and remove any unnecessary splicing. Do they sell just the plastic sockets with the springs???

Lincoln I feel your pain Ive been trying to source these out for weeks now. Very tough to find part, and expensive too:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
American Autowire includes these connector bodies with their classic update series harness in the front light kit which is p/n 510144. You might call them to see if you can purchase it, however I'm pretty sure they won't sell that kit separatly - so that really doesn't help you any. I know many folks don't like to splice wires, but at this point, I'd say purchase the p/n that Tony posted from C2O and use non-insulated butt connectors w/shrink tube to splice.

Frank

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I know many folks don't like to splice wires, but at this point, I'd say purchase the p/n that Tony posted from C2O and use non-insulated butt connectors w/shrink tube to splice.
^ Right. :yes:

The splice that you make using the 2Only part should be much more conductive than trying to attach/solder wires onto the spring terminals within the plastic body of the actual connector itself.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Fast 65 and Tony are right about the splicing and heat shrink. IFFFFF you have enough wire lead, you might also try to run the wires through the new connector and terminate them with the little contact button terminals like the factory did to remove an extra splice in your circuit. They sell them and if you have the crimp tool for it, would be the closest to correct you can get. I doubt youll have enough lead, but if you do, let me know, I can direct you to numerous sources who sell the little terminal.

There is no right or wrong way to do this as long as the light lights up I guess, but Im picky with my wiring, and if at all possible, I like to avoid extra splices.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your great responses! That part from Chevy 2 only is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! :confused: How come I couldn't find that?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts