Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information on a license plate bracket for the front bumper on my 1964 Nova 400. I had a 63 Nova years ago and seem to remember there was a bracket that attached to the bumper that then held the plate. I have searched all over and cannot find any reference to such a piece. Can anyone help me out here? :confused:

·
14,496 Posts
First, welcome to the site. Lots of good people and information here.

I have a 1963 Nova SS convertible. There is no front licence plate bracket. The licence plate fits directly to the bumper. There are aftermarket brackets and frames that hold the plate and attach to the bumper. Perhaps you had one of those.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
License Plate Bracket

My 64 front bumper has only two holes, which are on the lower side of the license plate rectangle. They do not match my CT state license plate holes. So, I either have to put new holes in the plate or manufacture a transition bracket to get the plate mounted. Perhaps that's what I did on the 1963 Deuce I had? After all, it was over 35 years ago I last saw that car... OK, off to the fabrication shop... Thanks for the response! :)

·
14,496 Posts
There should be 2 holes at the top of the bumper indentation for attaching the plate. The bottom two are wider apart than the top and mine have rubber bumpers in them. Mine is the original '63 bumper on a Willow Run, Michigan built car.

Bob

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
plate frames

My fake 63 hardtop has the dealership frames basically free advertising for the dealership etc. I am fortunate that previous owner kept all of the paper work, plate frames. they are very cheaply made mine are plated pot metal hours of polishing and painting they are presentable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts