Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
14,136 Posts
I'm sure that '63 wagon is Saddle Tan/Adobe Biege. They changed the biege name to Desert Biege in '64, but it's the same RPO as Adobe Biege. Nice combo, John.

Bob

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the bottom color is the Saddle Tan, top is Adobe beige?

my '64 Moordoor's paint code is 971. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Hey Flyer. That's the same paint code as my 64. Mine's, sadly, long gone. Somehow it evolved to a gold color. My dash looks to be original paint. It's darker than the saddle color. Eventually I'll get her painted.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Is it just me or does Saddle tan kinda look like '57 Sierra Gold ? :eek:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm thinking i'll check with my paint guy and see if he can hook me up... i like that combination...

hey guys, maybe while you're here, i've decoded and marked up my cowl tag image... can you guys help me decode the question marks "?" ? :D

Thanks. :D

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm not sure about these paint chips though... i like the colors but they're not really the same as what's on my car. my car is more copperish like POSTed above and the top is somewhat a creamy whitish-yellow if ya understand me...

here is Saddle Tan & Desert Beige according to the chips... more earth toned than the wagon above...

·
14,136 Posts
hey guys, maybe while you're here, i've decoded and marked up my cowl tag image... can you guys help me decode the question marks "?" ? :D
Thanks. :D
2 = 2nd group of options, 3= 3rd group etc. Nobody knows why the first group doesn't have a '1':rolleyes:. The 'C' is likely your interior sheet metal color.....probably dark fawn.

Bob

·
14,136 Posts
That sure is a purty wagon!!! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Dave, do you think this wagon has been clear coated? Johnny is concerned his Saddle Tan color chips don't look close enough to this color. I'm pretty sure this is Saddle Tan, but it's real glossy looking.

Bob

·
14,136 Posts
this car is a factory/dealer AC car, can anyone tell me what are these holes for?
I don't know what those holes are for, Johnny, but there not in the right place for a/c condensation drain tubes.

Bob

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also wondering about the floor holes... if all are for the AC, can they be ID'd? if not all are for AC, which do i weld up?

the larger hole is approximately 1-1/4" diameter...

thanks guys, i appreciate all the experience with this stuff...

[edit] Thanks Bob... it has me stumped... didn't think it'd stump you though :eek: ;)

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Dave B. said:
That sure is a purty wagon!!! :yes:
Dave, do you think this wagon has been clear coated? Johnny is concerned his Saddle Tan color chips don't look close enough to this color. I'm pretty sure this is Saddle Tan, but it's real glossy looking.

Bob
I'd say that there isn't much doubt that this wagon has been done in base coat/clear coat. I don't care for it myself, but I catch **** every time I mention original-type paints, so I just keep it to myself now. And yes, the base/clear often changes the 'perceived' color when compared to acrylics or urethane.

In this case, I do really like the colors and the roof-rack. The wheels, well.... the less said, the better!

All4now :turn:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts