Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Invader

There might be about 10 of those still around.:devil:. Not a Pontiac, produced by GM of Canada but sold at Pontiac Dealerships,, very nice car..

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
I love that car in that color, too. Very tasteful redo, and it looks like a bunch of good restoration choices all in one place. You'll definitely have the only one on your block, and it's ready to go. Any guesses on what it will fetch?

·
13,707 Posts
The folks at BAT very kindly deleted the Pontiac references after I pointed this out to them! :)
Good work, Dave, and good to BAT for actually making the deletion.

This is a very rare wagon. There were only 8136 Acadians built in all models in 1964. I'm guessing about 500 might have been Invader wagons and agree with the Rat that probably fewer than a dozen might still exist. The Invader is equivalent to the Chevy II 100. Some nice upgrades on this one, including the 327, suspension, carpet and Chevy II vinyl upholstery. Appears to have a bow-tie drivers door mirror which is obviously incorrect. All Canadian built Chevy IIs and Acadians had smooth back door mirrors.

Bob

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
i just looked at that wagon, its sharp from front to back. the last bid is at 10,001 dollars it sure can't sell for the little bit. for that price i'd buy it an ship back to michigan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments

The little 1964 Acadian Invader wagon is mine. It didn't sell as I believe most interested buyers did't want to bother bringing it across the U.S.A. border from Canada or wanted to put in a newer drive train and were not prepared to pay much. It has been a fun little car and I get lots of positive comments where ever I take it. One of the sites' followers suggested I list for sale on this forum and may list here some day. Thanks Rob.

·
13,707 Posts
Welcome to the site from Abbotsford B.C. Always great to have another Acadian owner on board. Where are you in Canada? You can add your location to your profile and it'll show up on every post you make.

Bob

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
That is a nice wagon. Great color combo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good work, Dave, and good to BAT for actually making the deletion.

This is a very rare wagon. There were only 8136 Acadians built in all models in 1964. I'm guessing about 500 might have been Invader wagons and agree with the Rat that probably fewer than a dozen might still exist. The Invader is equivalent to the Chevy II 100. Some nice upgrades on this one, including the 327, suspension, carpet and Chevy II vinyl upholstery. Appears to have a bow-tie drivers door mirror which is obviously incorrect. All Canadian built Chevy IIs and Acadians had smooth back door mirrors.

Bob I have a 1967 invader wagon last year they were made only 335 six cylinders and 100 v8 were made

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
Coolest car name for a station wagon. Nice score 👍

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Very nice car. What is the seller looking to get out of it? What are the drawback so getting it over the border?

·
13,707 Posts
Very nice car. What is the seller looking to get out of it? What are the drawback so getting it over the border?
If you're referring to the '64 Acadian wagon that's the main topic of this thread, I believe the seller decided to keep it. In normal times cars are selling back and forth across the border regularly. They are no drawbacks as such, just some education and a little more work. The border has been closed to all but commercial traffic for over 6 weeks.

Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts