Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 64 Nova and it came in pretty raw shape most of the front end is missing I for the life of me cant seem to find the mouting brackets for the front turn signals. Its all I need before I can put the new grill/fenders and headlight buckets in. Any help on where I can buy them would be much appreciated.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
There are not really any dedicated mounting brackets for the signal lamps. The lens mounts in a housing which then screws at the ends to the end grill brackets and headlamp bucket. The 1964 Chevy II assembly manual has some nice breakout illustrations of how all this goes together. You can find those for sale on eBay or from any major vendor. If the car is all apart and you are new to Novas, I STRONGLY recommend getting the assembly manual, 1962 Chevy II GM Shop Manual and the 1964 Shop Manual Supplement. And yes, 1962 Shop Manual is not a typo. The 1962 was the master manual for 1962 - 64.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are not really any dedicated mounting brackets for the signal lamps. The lens mounts in a housing which then screws at the ends to the end grill brackets and headlamp bucket. The 1964 Chevy II assembly manual has some nice breakout illustrations of how all this goes together. You can find those for sale on eBay or from any major vendor. If the car is all apart and you are new to Novas, I STRONGLY recommend getting the assembly manual, 1962 Chevy II GM Shop Manual and the 1964 Shop Manual Supplement. And yes, 1962 Shop Manual is not a typo. The 1962 was the master manual for 1962 - 64.
Will definitely look into getting the manuel. I did try to put them with the grill installed but it seemed like they didn't fit when screwed to the headlight bucket. It hung over the grill itself by about 3/4". But I will get the book and see about the pics, Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Can you post some pics? Might have the wrong parts. Very common with these cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts