Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
john,i gave up looking for that two spoker years ago,iam just puting the stock ss wheel back on.i have seen only two cars with that rare wheel ever!!
let alone the hub setup.it sure looks good in the 1st. gens :yes:
don

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There was a broken one recently at a swap meet locally, I didnt like the price for a bent in half steering wheel. Should have took a picture it was cool anyway.
-DD

·
Registered
76 Posts
wood wheels

I have a chevelle re pop right here I am puting in mine. still need to buy horn cap and kit . I bought it on ebay a few years ago for a chevelle I had it was a factory reject becuse of a few cracks got it verry cheap. also have a camero 3 spoke here and the chevelle 2 spoke wood is about 1.5 inches shorter across . the chevelle wood is 16.5 and tha 3 spoke camero is 15 inches. close enough for me but I am not a purest. and who will know ?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a chevelle re pop right here I am puting in mine. still need to buy horn cap and kit . I bought it on ebay a few years ago for a chevelle I had it was a factory reject becuse of a few cracks got it verry cheap. also have a camero 3 spoke here and the chevelle 2 spoke wood is about 1.5 inches shorter across . the chevelle wood is 16.5 and tha 3 spoke camero is 15 inches. close enough for me but I am not a purest. and who will know ?
Joel,

The chevelle wood wheel hub is so small in diameter,you can see right inside to the turn signal canceling cam!We tried one on my freinds car yesterday.

How about an impala one? has anybody tried that?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
john,i gave up looking for that two spoker years ago,iam just puting the stock ss wheel back on.i have seen only two cars with that rare wheel ever!!
let alone the hub setup.it sure looks good in the 1st. gens :yes:
don
Have you seen any Nova hubs? they would be larger in diameter than a Chevelle unit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have you seen any Nova hubs? they would be larger in diameter than a Chevelle unit.
I have an Impala hub It is big enough in diameter sitting here with it now and a floor shift 65 collum. it is slightly larger so it would acualy slide over the edge of the collum . sorry guess I missed you're point about the hub. I have been piecing this together for my car. I had the hub off a impalla tilt i picked up at a swp meet. from what I rememberit was supose to be a 66??? hope that helps. I do not know if they are available aftermarket or not. anyone know if a 65 chevelle horn button would be the same as a nova used??

Joel

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an Impala hub It is big enough in diameter sitting here with it now and a floor shift 65 collum. it is slightly larger so it would acualy slide over the edge of the collum . sorry guess I missed you're point about the hub. I have been piecing this together for my car. I had the hub off a impalla tilt i picked up at a swp meet. from what I rememberit was supose to be a 66??? hope that helps. I do not know if they are available aftermarket or not. anyone know if a 65 chevelle horn button would be the same as a nova used??

Joel

Joe,

can you take a picture of how well the impala hub matches up with the 65 nova column?

Is the impala hub to tall? have you tries bolting everything up?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Joe,

can you take a picture of how well the impala hub matches up with the 65 nova column?

Is the impala hub to tall? have you tries bolting everything up?
I will try that latter . have not put it on the steering shaft in the car .will see what i can do in the light tomorow. but I need a email add to send a pic to becuse I do not know how to use a
face book to get pic's on this site. my email is [email protected]

maybe you could post it for everyone?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Wood Wheel

Did they actually come from the factory that way.......... or a dealer install?? I had mine here for sale (almost NOS a year ago) and no nibbles. Ebayed it for $650 complete with hub & horn set up. Now it's worth about a grand!! They are on ebay all the time. The Corvair one is a smaller dia, I believe. I have a couple of pics but I'm out of town right now.

Ric

·
13,695 Posts
Did they actually come from the factory that way.......... or a dealer install?? I had mine here for sale (almost NOS a year ago) and no nibbles. Ebayed it for $650 complete with hub & horn set up. Now it's worth about a grand!! They are on ebay all the time. The Corvair one is a smaller dia, I believe. I have a couple of pics but I'm out of town right now.
Ric
They might have been available as a factory install in 1967, but as far as I know they weren't in 1966, nor are they shown in the 1966 Custom Features Catalogue as a dealer option.

Bob

·
Registered
76 Posts
They might have been available as a factory install in 1967, but as far as I know they weren't in 1966, nor are they shown in the 1966 Custom Features Catalogue as a dealer option.

Bob
had seen pic's of a 65 SS with one somewhere but maybe it was put on?:confused: mine will get one if I have my way though

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will try that latter . have not put it on the steering shaft in the car .will see what i can do in the light tomorow. but I need a email add to send a pic to becuse I do not know how to use a
face book to get pic's on this site. my email is [email protected]

maybe you could post it for everyone?
[email protected]

that would be awesome!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Ric
corvair and nova are 16"

chevelle,impala are 16.5"

which makes the nova wheel even more rare!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
corvair and nova are 16"

chevelle,impala are 16.5"

which makes the nova wheel even more rare!
What is the dia of a stock Nova steering wheel?? I just picked up an awesome Corvair wood wheel. It's 15 3/4 inch in dia. which is about an inch in dia smaller than the Chevelle one I sold on ebay!!

I guess this one is really rare ????

Ric

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A stock nova wheel is 16 1/2" in diameter.

Are you sure your wood wheel is 15 3/4" in diameter and not 16"?

I have never seen a 15 3/4" wood wheel!!!!!

Novas and corvair wood wheels are 16" and they dont reproduce them.

chevelles and full size are 16 1/2" make sure its not a reproduction.they are easy to identify.

The actual reported year of a wood wheel on a nova is 67.

but some have seen wood wheels on a 65 so the hub does exist!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
The wheel did indeed come off a Corvair, so I would say yes it's 16 inches...
sorry about that. It's still a GM piece that is not reproduced and is mint!!

Bogie

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The wheel did indeed come off a Corvair, so I would say yes it's 16 inches...
sorry about that. It's still a GM piece that is not reproduced and is mint!!

Bogie
If you just got that wheel of ebay from volkman,then i know who you got it off of.

I purchased 2 and had 2 more of my friends get one each..a total of 4!

you got his last one..

and yes they are very mint and hard to find!

what did you want to put the wheel on?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts