Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buy wheels for my 1964 Chevy II. I have searched the threads and have not found anything super specific to my build so I figured I would make a thread.

Car- 1964 Chevy II Nova SS
Brakes- CPP Big Brake Kit - Keeps the wheel width factory
Rear Suspension- CBR Leaf Springs, 2" lowered, factory 10 bolt
Front Suspension- CBR Rack and Pinion, CBR Uppers, CBR Coils, 2" Lowering Spindle

On CBR website they say do not go any wider than 4.5" backspacing on a 17" wheel with a 2" lowering spindle.

I would like to run identical wheels and tires on all four corners in order to rotate them. I will mainly drive the car on the street with auto crossing occasionally.

My question is, what wheels are you all running with a similar set up. I would like wheels that don't rub all the time. I would like to run either a 17x7 or 17x8.

Any recommendations for wheels are tires? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Experience!
Hot Rod Hank's Steel Artillery baron red wheels with cap and trim ring. These are on the shelf right now, ready to ship same day in the sizes shown (15x5, 15x6 and 15x7). In the past these have been a special order item and had to be built.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Drake GT5 replicas great price

Take a look at these: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/sdk-lw70-70757c

Specifically designed to fit 62-67 novas. With these you can run a square set up if you like. They also are available in a charcoal finish if you want to add some color to them.

Bob
Bob I took your lead and purchased 4 of these. I talked to the Drake folks and they directed me Summit for the free shipping. I also caught Summit at Xmas time and got them for $176 ea.

Fit is great and the finish is outstanding. I mounted some awesome Nitto tires 225/45/17 on all four because that is the look I want. No rubbing not even with 5 people in the car.

I have a CBR front end with Viking (CBR designed) coils. Car looks awesome and I will be able to rotate these tires front to back. After mounting I believe I could have gone 235s but wanted to room to give.

Drake folks are great, be sure to get the right lugs to mount.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Bob I took your lead and purchased 4 of these. I talked to the Drake folks and they directed me Summit for the free shipping. I also caught Summit at Xmas time and got them for $176 ea.

Fit is great and the finish is outstanding. I mounted some awesome Nitto tires 225/45/17 on all four because that is the look I want. No rubbing not even with 5 people in the car.

I have a CBR front end with Viking (CBR designed) coils. Car looks awesome and I will be able to rotate these tires front to back. After mounting I believe I could have gone 235s but wanted to room to give.

Drake folks are great, be sure to get the right lugs to mount.
Great news! It is a nice wheel for our cars. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts