Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It all started today at 630am...oops I mean 640am, had to get coffee and donuts, of course Dad had to comment and give me grief as usual:rolleyes:
Anyhew the car rolled in the booth around 9am and we started to wipe it down and get it ready for Craigo the superhuman painter. He started spraying around 10 or so. We painted the car body and interior and the tailgate and all the interior and exterior trim, the front and rear doors were done prior to. Craig sprayed the Nexa Aquabase Plus waterborne basecoat on the whole car. When it came time to clear he needed help with the roof..she's a little long! We double-gunned the roof as a team and he finished clearing the rest of the car. We finished up around 3pm today, now its time for a little buffing to a mirror like shine next week, hang the doors on and bring ur home to hibernate. Still have to finish the fenders and hood this winter, no rush though because I havent seen the CBR trailer magically appear in my driveway with my complete front suspension:D

M

·
0 Posts
Gorgeous! That color is very close to what I want to do with my 63! Can't wait to see it all done!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Like I said---if I have to get up at 5am on my day off---I expect you to be there before me with coffee and donuts ready:devil: Heh-heh.....great job double gunning with Craig on the roof.....since 10-31-11 the car has come a long way---all the hours of sanding and sanding have paid off----good job:yes: son......Love Dad

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I said---if I have to get up at 5am on my day off---I expect you to be there before me with coffee and donuts ready:devil: Heh-heh.....great job double gunning with Craig on the roof.....since 10-31-11 the car has come a long way---all the hours of sanding and sanding have paid off----good job:yes: son......Love Dad
It was a tedious and long process this past year and I hope you learned something as well. Still have the fenders and hood to do yet before the basecoat goes bad. I think the project will become more interesting now that the bodywork is almost complete. Look forward to the rest of the build!!
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gorgeous! That color is very close to what I want to do with my 63! Can't wait to see it all done!
Thanks Melissa:D
Its hard to see the blue in the pictures. Its called Ice Blue.

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks Melissa:D
Its hard to see the blue in the pictures. Its called Ice Blue.
Now that I am on my huge monitor I see the color really well. It still is gorgeous! I don't think I ever seen this color on a car. I will be watching it closely!:yes:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I really like the color combination :yes:

It's got 'Style' :yes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like the color combination :yes:

It's got 'Style' :yes:
Thanks Glenn for your comments, I like it too especially the contrast.

I will post some more pictures once I have the Doors hung etc. :yes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*****Update....Doors and Gate Installed

She is about ready to start the next phase....put all the guts in the doors and buy some w/stripping etc. :yes:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It's got a 'Classey' look with that color combination :yes:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Does the sun never set over in Wisconsin!? I don't think you guys ever sleep!

You're going to have it ready for the road before the snow is gone :D :D

Nice job guys!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts