Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I bought a 1963 ss that is has a automatic trans with a console. Do super sports come with that console or is it a special option. Its a 2 piece console. I even have the shifter. I might go with a 6 speed. It solid and heavy. I also got a set of 14 inch ss hub caps. Thanks

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
As far as I know the 63 SS package had a floor mount shifter with the two piece center console. I do not think they made an SS with a column automatic or three speed.

That's all I know on this issue.

:ragtop:

·
13,707 Posts
Automatic (powerglide) floor shift got the console. Manual (on the steering column or on the floor) did not get the console.
Just to clarify, there was no floor mounted 4 speed manual in 1963, just the PG and column mounted 3 speed. The same console was used with the PG in the '64 SS. If you ordered the optional floor mounted 4 speed in '64 there was no console.

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I believe so...
I thought something was funny last night.

Not even sure why mine was taken down, I know I posted to this thread eailer becasue when I responded to this post I didn't have to change the instant delivery or what ever it is...

It happens here without any notice...

Mark

·
13,707 Posts
Interesting how the names of things change over the years. We call these 'consoles.' In 1963/64 Chevrolet called them 'seat separators.':rolleyes:

Bob

Reactions: bbqrat

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just installed this console in my 1963 drag car with ratchet shifter . Put it on 3” spacer on the front and 4” spacer in rear to clear shifter and cable
03399CC8-5DA7-46E5-9DE0-348E4499BFED.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts