Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What are people's thoughts on this one? Still trying to spot issues and find a good one. Thanks! Gil

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
it sure is a sharp looker. the rally wheels didn't come on novas till the 67 model year, but they look good on any nova. can you look at the car in person, if not maybe there is someone from the phoenix area in here that could look at the nova for you. as for the price i can't say.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That looks like a pretty nice car.. Not crazy money either.. Definitely worth taking a closer look at. Top side presents well but you have to look at the bottom side with convertibles. if I has always been a desert car it might be super solid but you gotta look. Convertibles that don’t get treated well and kept in a garage can develop rust issues.. I’d inspect it for sure..

·
13,706 Posts
Probably doesn't matter, but determining if it's an SS or not would be worthwhile. A 'Z' or 'X' on the cowl tag tells you. It doesn't say it is and there are a number of things, like missing fender peak trim, that disqualify it as an SS. Looks like a nice solid car, but as already mentioned, an inspection of the underside, inner rockers, etc. is a must.

Bob

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'll reach out and try and get more info and possibly arrange for an inspection.

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
779 Posts
That's a good deal in my opinion depending on the condition of the bottom. I got my 63 SS convertible for a great price and to get it to the shape that that car seems to be in I'm sure I have that much into it. Maybe more.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great looking car, ditto what everyone else said. Start with VIN#, get many more pics of it up close, and definitely underside. Price doesn't seem out of line at all if it's mechanically sound, clean underneath, and drive train checks out. Good luck, hope it's a great car and works out!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
In photo #16 & #17 it appears that the brake lines are routed over the top(?!), behind the distributor? If thats the case, I'd look at what else may have been 'shade tree' engineered...?

It doesn't say in the description if it was converted to 5 lug, but I would assume it has been since it has 14" Rally wheels.. No disc brakes? And along those lines, what is the rear end? A '64 rear will be five lug, but could be deemed less desirable than '65-'67, since its bearings are one year parts. That may never be an issue if you don't need to rebuild the rear end.

As others have said, it does look quite presentable in the pics. The emblem on the glove box looks incorrect, and as Bob and others said, is it a SS or not? No peak trim, but it DOES have the dash trim, does it have the correct dash gauges?

What are the specifics that are "make or break" for you? My Convertible is NOT an SS for example, but some people just HAVE TO HAVE an SS.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You couldn't build one for that price. The dual brake master cylinder sure is a plus. Those didn't come out till 67. Mostly what I was looking at was the radiator and the flex fan. Looked like the stock 6 cylinder radiator, no shroud either. I would think it overheats in traffic. But thats just me. Turbo transmission, might check to see about a transmission oil cooler. The car has room for a shroud and a electric fan. Check what everybody else is say. Nice car
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts