·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1963 II - 1963 Nova

Year: 1963

Model: Chevy II / Nova

Engine: 383c.i.

Body/Exterior: Stock except 4" steel Cowl, Color Black Cherry metallic with ghost flames

Front End: Moroso springs, lakewood 90/10 shocks

Transmission: 350 turbo, 2800 stall, shift kit

Rear End: 10 bolt, 3:50 gears, mini spool

Exhaust: Hooker Super Comp headers, 2 1/2 full with crossover, 40 series Flowmasters

Wheels/Tires: Jegs Sport Mag. Rear 15x7 with 215/70x15, front 15x4 with 165x15..

Interior: Custom cloth two tone seats and door panels, Monte Carlo front buckets, stock rear seat. Grant steering wheel, B&M shifter, Radio delete

Electrical: 2000 cfm Flexalite eletric fan, One wire alternator, Mallory and MSD ignition

Accessories/Options: Competition Engineeering J-bars, tied frame, Lakewood shocks, Gilmer alternator drive kit, heat sinc trans cooler

Sound system: See Exhaust above.

Additional Comments: still working on it but I'm enjoying it as I go.​

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would like to do somthing simular with my 63 ss as far as your rims/tires set-up... 15x4 in the front and 15x7 in the rear. Do you happen to know what the Vintiques rims off set is on yours??

·
Registered
205 Posts
The 15X7 are a 4" bs, and the 15X4 are a 2" bs.
Thanks ,

forgot to ask....I have a 2" drop front and rear and I have Wilwood disks all around which only pushed things out by a mere 3/16" front and rear. I also have a 10 bolt rear-end and stock Front end with CCP control A-arms upgrade kit. My question is do you think your tires would rub if it dropped 2" ? ...any recomdation on the offset??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks ,

forgot to ask....I have a 2" drop front and rear and I have Wilwood disks all around which only pushed things out by a mere 3/16" front and rear. I also have a 10 bolt rear-end and stock Front end with CCP control A-arms upgrade kit. My question is do you think your tires would rub if it dropped 2" ? ...any recomdation on the offset??
I'm not too sure about the 2" drop, my rears are real close now (can't get my fingers between tires and fender) and the fronts would be no problem if I was running a shorter tire.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks - I guess that is where offset comes into play for the rear if I'm understanding things correctly...I can probably do the same tires but have a more offset rim inward?? On the front when you say shorter tire do you mean the overall dia profile. from the pictures it looks like they would work fine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks - I guess that is where offset comes into play for the rear if I'm understanding things correctly...I can probably do the same tires but have a more offset rim inward?? On the front when you say shorter tire do you mean the overall dia profile. from the pictures it looks like they would work fine.
Yes over all diameter for the front , they are fairly close to the leading edge of the fenderwell.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes over all diameter for the front , they are fairly close to the leading edge of the fenderwell.

O-yes I see it would rub in the front inside fender if it dropped down 2 inches. How does the car handle with skinny tires up front and fat tires in back? straight line around corners etc..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
O-yes I see it would rub in the front inside fender if it dropped down 2 inches. How does the car handle with skinny tires up front and fat tires in back? straight line around corners etc..
So far it handles pretty good, it tracks strait and rides good. I don't drive it in adverse weather and I haven't taken any hard curves without slowing down. The tires are ok for what I wanted to with the car and get the look I was after.

·
Registered
640 Posts
this things badass. i dig the SO-CAL covers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts