Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found three holes together, not sure if they are stock (see arrow in photo below). If they are stock, what goes there? Otherwise, will weld them up.

Thanks for any/all info.

-Rusty

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
I'm going to say yes. I think they are where the exhaust hanger bracket bolts up. Not certain, but that looks like the right place and spacing. Only two bolts on the bracket, thought.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I haven’t seen those in any of my 63 or 64 bodies.. I wonder if maybe an exhaust hanger could have been there..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not so fast, Ally--you might be onto something.

If you look closely, Sinistar's second photo sure looks like dimpled spot welds in exactly the same place. Though, guessing the underside of the car is unreachable and clearly don't expect you to slide under there to confirm what is welded in there.

What is better than Steve's? Thanks, all!

-Rusty

·
Registered
300 Posts
There are definitely some spot welds in those locations But definitely not the exhaust hanger here is a picture of it on the 64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
How about - - - - - - - just , off the wall = = = the rear 'brake hard line to the rear-end rubber hose' is in that area . Rusty - if the brake fitting is still there , then for something else .
I'm just saying ………….. jim

How you guys doing - - be safe .

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
There are spot welds all the way across the axle hump because there is a 2nd piece of sheet metal that reinforces the hump and subrails and forms the shock mount pockets. If you look at sinister’s underside shot there’s a factory exhaust hanger bracket bolted to the axle tunnel crossmember near where your holes are located.
34BEB0B5-5626-47EF-881C-E9299FB96A57.png

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
My experience holes in that area would be an external electric fuel pump or related accessory. You see a lot of owner added holes in that area on the cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts