Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I joined this forum to help my dad out. He is tired of spending loads of money on new vehicles that he can't fix himself, so he purchased a 1963 Chevy II Nova :yes:

He is having trouble finding parts and getting his questions answered, however, and I was hoping to find some help here.

Thanks for letting me join!!! :thumbsup:

I'll get some pics added soon

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm putting a '63 together myself. Some parts are difficult to find, but most are available if you know where to look. Spend some time in the "best of" areas of this site and also use the SEARCH function. There's a wealth of knowledge here so ask away, and good luck!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Hi there. I joined this forum to help my dad out. He is tired of spending loads of money on new vehicles that he can't fix himself, so he purchased a 1963 Chevy II Nova :yes:

He is having trouble finding parts and getting his questions answered, however, and I was hoping to find some help here./QUOTE]

I like doing business with Joe Grom Jr, Kentucky, who operates the family business of "Chevy II only" and GMclassics.

His inventory of NOS, used, and new Nova parts is pretty large.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,495 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
WELCOME to SNS

glad you're here .... "It's THE NOVA SITE" .... :yes:

Then, go over to the "Originality Section" : look at the 'Sticky =

"Web Link Library" ........... there is alot of info there (some of it - doesn't work anymore) ... but some good reading.

Then, GO TO 'Nova Resource . org' ...... (mouse over the top header)

https://www.novaresource.org/

BEST THING TO BUY : .. is a "Factory Assembly Manual" for your year Nova ( about $20.00 .. from several vendors) ( I bought 2 each - one in the shop: one in the house).

........ again Welcome ......... jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, everyone, sincerely!

It's so nice to have a place to go to ask questions and read what you're all up to! I will look into your suggestions and recommendations.

Once he gets the replacement speedometer and gas gauge installed (cross your fingers they work) we can get it out of the garage and get some pics. :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts

Is it mostly stock or are there any upgrades?? Can you post in the Wanted classifieds here yet ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it mostly stock or are there any upgrades?? Can you post in the Wanted classifieds here yet ??
-----------------------------------------------------------

It is completely stock, down to the 13" tires. He is old school :D

I couldn't even post a link for a car show yet so I'm guessing I cannot post to the classifieds... but haven't tried. No rush just yet as he is only needing small, insignificant parts now.

I've just been hanging out and reading. This site is REALLY cool!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First pic

This was the day he purchased it. It still had the 14 inch rims on it then and no wheel covers. Will get a better photo soon.

I am attaching a photo but I've tried this before and it didn't work. Must be doing something wrong. Anyway, hope you can see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
nice looking nova an i like um red. an its always neat to get the snow pictures. scroll down a little farther when you go to make a post an see, manage attachments. click on that an if you have the pictures on your hard drive its pretty easy to post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! Yes, I see you do like red :yes:

(That pic is huge, whoops! Oh well, at least it posted)

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Welcome! Thats a nice '300' series Nova! Kind of rare, since '300' series were only available for the first two years.

There were also "optional" 14" steel 4 lug wheels, so if you could locate some, you would have better tire choices.

I like the two tone paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Oh wow, thanks for the info! I didn't know that and I bet Dad doesn't either. There were very few choices for the 13 inch wheels, that's for sure :rolleyes:

And I like the two tone paint as well, except whoever painted it must've gotten it wet before it dried (or something?) because there are bubbles all over the entire car and if you touch one they pop and the paint underneath shows through . Up close it looks pretty sad.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
-----------------------------------------------------------

It is completely stock, down to the 13" tires. He is old school :D

I couldn't even post a link for a car show yet so I'm guessing I cannot post to the classifieds... but haven't tried. No rush just yet as he is only needing small, insignificant parts now.

I've just been hanging out and reading. This site is REALLY cool!

You like reading : go here & read this ..... some good "Six cylinder info" ..... some of us stick with the 'Six Engines'.
and, we all 'Like Pictures' ;

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661681

assuming you have a six -- 194 . Have fun with all the info you find on SNS ...... The Best Nova Place to BE .

later, jim

(ps ... and my 69 still has the stock - 250 ci motor ----- just with the 'add-on parts' ..... )

For posting Pictures here on Steves Nova Site ...... I use "Flickr.com" ............ works REALLY GOOD , and Free for the 1st 1,000 pic's , just FYI .

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Nice looking more door!
Enjoy that little ride!

Welcome

and my sister in law is from Ricketts!

Mark

1 - 20 of 31 Posts