Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
the few pics shown that looks good for the price, 7500 canadian.

·
13,693 Posts
This one brings back memories. My Dad had a white '63 Acadian Beaumont 4 door like this one, but blue interior. The seller says this interior is original, but I don't think the seat covers are. 1963 was the last year for the Beaumont model in Chevy II size Acadians. In '64, the Beaumont model moved over to the Chevelle size Acadian. This looks like a real nice car.

Bob

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Great looking car inside and out. I agree the price is very fair.

Bob, is the air cleaner lid correct on this motor? Did Canadian cars get a unique air cleaner?

Addendum... I just blew up the motor picture and it has what I would normally call an early V8 radiator. Check out the finger guard. Heavy duty cooling maybe?

·
13,693 Posts
Bob, is the air cleaner lid correct on this motor? Did Canadian cars get a unique air cleaner?

Addendum... I just blew up the motor picture and it has what I would normally call an early V8 radiator. Check out the finger guard. Heavy duty cooling maybe?
Air cleaner lid and radiator are not correct for a '63 Acadian. The seller talks about the car having a 'Chevy 194 six banger'. All Acadians and Chevy IIs of this era were built on the same Oshawa, Ontario, assembly line with the same drivelines. Acadian engines got '194 Econoflame' stickers and Chevy IIs were'194 Hi-Thrift'. No stickers on this engine, so perhaps a later swap from a Chevy II. I don't know what that plate is on top of the valve cover, but they never had anything located there, either. There was a HD rad option, but this rad isn't it. Very little demand for HD cooling in Canadian cars because of the temperate climate and no factory a/c option. For a claimed 29,000 mile car, there are a few unusual things going on.

Bob

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Looking at a blown-up image further, it is a non-script valve cover and appears to have the vent on the side that would go to the air cleaner. So we are looking at post-67 basically. The air cleaner lid is also '68 and later, I was just not sure if it had been used on Canadian vehicles previously. Like many other vehicles, probably had a complete long-block installed out of another vehicle instead of a rebuild.

Still a nice car (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts