Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,838 Posts
Wow! I don't know Acadian trim, but this seems to have all the goodies for a '62 400 series, in and out. By the photos, the fit and finish of the body panels looks great...what was the last convertible Nova/Acadian you saw that had a trunk fit that well? Particularly like the original dash pieces and some amazing door panels. Are those original?

I get the change of the rims, but the owner paid some great respect to the rest of the original pieces for the car and restoring some amazingly rare stuff.

·
13,703 Posts
Thanks for posting. Beautiful 1962 Acadian Beaumont convertible. Wheels, of course, are not stock and the six cylinder emblems are riding too high on the front fenders, but all in all, a great car. The interior appears to be original, or a very good (and expensive) custom reproduction. There was no Sport Deluxe in '62, so this was the top of the line Acadian (equivalent to Nova 400 convertible). Only 1251 Beaumont convertibles were built in the Acadian's first year. I had one just like this in Nassau Blue. Got away from me long before I knew they were going to be so rare :(.

Bob

·
Registered
990 Posts
Very nice car. One thing I noticed right away is the hood hinges look like 63 and later. I'm restoring a 62 Chevy II right now and hood hinges are what I'm working on today. The 62 Nova hinges use a larger diameter, shorter spring and the mounting bolts are 6 inches apart vs. 8 inches on the later hinges where they bolt on to the car. Never understood why GM changed the hinges after 62 but I would have assumed the 62 Acadian would have been the same as the 62 Nova until this post.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
just asking ............

Bob , where would I find those "type - six cylinder emblems"

(never ? ? ?)

or ....

I'd like those 'South American style 250 emblems" ....

just saw this 62 Acadian convert .... very sharp car !

jim

·
13,703 Posts
Tough to find those 6 cylinder emblems, Jim, and not reproduced. I used to see some at swap meets, but not in recent years. If you really want to chase them, try Menno Weisehahn in Aldergrove B.C. (just east of Vancouver). He has a huge stash of 1st and 2nd generation Chevy II and Acadian parts. Send him an e-mail at [email protected] .

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts