Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks like a really complete 62 with all the unique interior pieces and original bucket seats. No pics of the floors or quarters for rust though. Nice car if it's solid, but I wouldn't pay $6K for it.

·
Super Moderator
3,843 Posts
Neat car, but I agree--not worth $6K. I like the '62 upholstery and panels, personally, so it could make a nice car with so much original there.

Note the 'T' cross section jack. I think all '62s were this style.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think the car might be worth 6K. There appears to be no rust in the usual places. No floor pics but the lower rear quarters, top of the front fenders and the trunk floor appear cancer free. You can't hardly find one in this condition in the southeast. This car would make a good start for somebody.

·
13,715 Posts
Yes, initially the bucket seat option was only going to be available for '62 Nova 400 convertibles. Later, it was also added to the hardtop option list. As Dave mentions, not a lot of hardtops have buckets.

This appears to be a pretty solid car. Might be fun to try and restore those rare '62 interior door/side panels. Lots of work ahead and we all know there'll be all kinds of surprises when you get it home. If I was the current owner, I'd be getting it out of the mud and into shelter from the Pacific Northwest monsoons.

Bob

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
1962 Bucket seat option

I wonder how many 62 hard tops came with buckets.Could not have been very many.Is there a code on the trim tag for that option? Maybe we could get the owner to take a picture of it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As far as I can tell, the trim code on the cowl tag is the only way to tell for sure... If I'm reading the chart correctly, blue bucket seats with ivory trim in a sports coupe would be Trim #740.
0520181919a by Bucc Flyer, on Flickr

This is my 62 sport coupe with blue and ivory buckets. The trim tag shows 740. As most of you know, the carpet was not available in 62 but it looks alot better then the bare floor. :yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts