Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so how does one find out if a nova is a SS? My understanding was that in 1962 there was no SS. If this is incorrect could someone please give some direction on it how to verify if SS or not.

Thanks

·
13,729 Posts
The Nova SS was first introduced in 1963. It was an option package for Nova 400 hardtops and convertibles. 1963 SS cars can be identified by a Z, Z03 or X on the cowl tag.

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I thought too. NO SS.

So now odd question. I have on the cowl tag under the ACC HKL-1 - the rest of the car I have been able to decode.

The car had a 194 2spd powerglide in it when I got it. It had the 400 badges and is convertible. Emery white with red interior.

·
13,729 Posts

So now odd question. I have on the cowl tag under the ACC HKL-1 - the rest of the car I have been able to decode.

The car had a 194 2spd powerglide in it when I got it. It had the 400 badges and is convertible. Emery white with red interior.
Someone might be able to decode the HKL-1, but for the mostpart the 1962 cowl tag ACC codes remain a mystery. Fortunately, they changed them to a more understandable format beginning in 1963. Just for clarification, that would be Ermine White.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
No SS, correct. What throws some people off is that buckets that were available in convertible.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

H = Padded dash
K = Tinted Glass (all windows)
L = Convertible top
1 = Top color White

1 - 9 of 9 Posts