Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1962 Chevy II Nova and I can control the car it goes all over the placed. I went to get an aligment and I replaced Upper ball joints, lower ball joints & idler arm. I can't still control the car for going all over the place. I just bought a sway bar, but the instructions are not clear I can't figure it out how to it up without taking out the strut rod bar & bracket. I still have drums all the way around. This car was 6 cyl brand new and they put a V8 327 they replaced front springs from a 1965 Nova.
I really need some ideas and help of what to do next. I just bought a disc brake kit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It's been awhile but as I recall the mounting brackets attach to the xmember; the kit I bought instructed you to remove some of the factory bolts that hold the xmember to the frame rails and I think you were supposed to enlarge the holes to accept the hardware for the sway bar.
I don't recall any issues with the strut rods. There should be recessed hole near the ball joint on the lower control arm to attach the end links too.
Did your disc brake kit come with spindles?
BTW, welcome to our board.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Sawy bar isn't going to help you control the steering of the car.
Sound like you have some other issues ...
Maybe lower control arm bushing...
strut rod bushing...
tie rod ends...

These are starting places

Mark

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rick

I also have a 62 and when I put the v8 in it I had the same problems. A couple of things will help.. First get the lower control arm lock out kits from http://www.globalwest.net The Chevy II only has only one hole.. The one from Global West has 3 holes which gives you 6 diffrent places to put the block. Then get the idler arm bearing kit and also the lower control arm spherical aircraft bearing kit.. Replace the bushings on the strut rods and then align the front end.. My next project will be the lower control arm kit from CCP.. I wish they would have had that about 2 years ago... I bet I spent enough money to have purchased 2 of them.. I have some pic of the mount for your sway bar if you send me your email address..

Mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts