·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I have seen them go for a bit cheaper than that :eek:

But ..... if you need it, you ll pay for it ..... :yes:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I cant access ebay from work. But this might be a good way for someone to start decifering the cowl tag codes on the 62's.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
$400.00 may be about right for a Chevy album. I got $675.00 for an N.O.S. '62 Pontiac one.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Fairly priced. If a "Corvette guy" sees this auction, it would be a no-brainer for him.

I would've paid that for a 1961 dealer book, when I had still had my Corvette.

Try buying NOS Corvette parts....:eek::yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GUESS I'M FIGURING HOW MANY TIMES I'LL USE IT! PROLLY NOT MANY! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I remember the first time I ever saw one was at a swap meet and I didnt even know what it was. The guy kept telling me it was something I needed after telling him how much I loved 63s. I was expecting a $40 price tag and he hot me with $200 and I thought he was crazy. He came down to $150 and I still passed.

Now I have been looking for one in the $250 range for some time. Go figure.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I remember the first time I ever saw one was at a swap meet and I didnt even know what it was. The guy kept telling me it was something I needed after telling him how much I loved 63s. I was expecting a $40 price tag and he hot me with $200 and I thought he was crazy. He came down to $150 and I still passed.

Now I have been looking for one in the $250 range for some time. Go figure.
Ha Ha!

I did the same thing with a '65 GTO factory AM/FM radio. The first one I saw about 30 years ago was $150.00, I thought the guy lost his mind being that it wasn't even stereo (didn't have it back then). Well in 1999 at the Pontiac Nationals I finally broke down and spent $1000.00 for one. :eek:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I seem to have a lot of painful stories like that. Passed up on one of those little round 62 dash top clocks NOS in the box for $60 because I didnt think they were for Novas, even though the guy insisted it was.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Way back in the "day's" like end of 1961 you would go into the dealership and sit down with a salesman and open up the book to the model you wee interested in and there is a color chip chart, interior samples and drawn images of the interior and two tone's and the RPO's so as you choosed they checked the boxes and put n the RPO # for the order then it went into models in groups and options, accessories ect. so it was a sales tool, say the sales floor model was white red gut car and you wanted white with black well that was an SS only option so you would get talked into a SS car but then there is a lot of cool original details in the Book as you know 62 is hard stuff and they don't make it ....showroom dealer book all models.........

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Way back in the "day's" like end of 1961 you would go into the dealership and sit down with a salesman and open up the book to the model you wee interested in and there is a color chip chart, interior samples and drawn images of the interior and two tone's and the RPO's so as you choosed they checked the boxes and put n the RPO # for the order then it went into models in groups and options, accessories ect. so it was a sales tool, say the sales floor model was white red gut car and you wanted white with black well that was an SS only option so you would get talked into a SS car but then there is a lot of cool original details in the Book as you know 62 is hard stuff and they don't make it ....showroom dealer book all models.........
They are an invaluable resource for those doing a correct (but not over done) restoration. That is usually the Corvette crowd.

They have all the RPO's and correct colors for reference. Color samples of the less common colors is priceless.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts