Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
that was my first car i bought, but mine was the 400 model. think i bought it for 700 an sold 2 years later for 325. the belt line trim on mine was a bit different. mine was same color an i think i had a white top on mine though.

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
It's all relative. Anyone been to the modern car used car market lately? What does $15K get you there? And you're buying condition more than anything else, of a car you already like. At first blush it's expensive, but there's a lot of fun car there ready to go. But this particular '62 doesn't exactly look like the all original creampuff you'd want for that kind of money, and there's no way I'm buying a car from Wisconsin sight unseen.

·
15,841 Posts
20k GEESE LOISE
I agree. Nice car, but as they say, not exactly as advertised. Says 'all original, except rims and stereo'. I guess they forgot about the '63 grill, recovered seats and floor rubber replaced with carpet.
There's no hood diecast and no holes where there was one, so I suspect the car has been repainted, too. The driveline is always the unknown in these ads, but would have to be close to perfect for me to even consider 20K for this car. JMO.

Bob

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
that firewall rust looks original--and not repaired. that's gonna take some time.

anyone who gives 20K for that is...uninformed.

hard to think a 2 speed 'glide paired to the 6 and OG suspension would provide a ton of excitement, but if you start from a high enough hill...:giggle:

-Rusty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts