Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Another dreamer who's watched too many shows on Velocity.

Very few people are willing to spend serious money for a scruffy looking car. The wagon is white... he'd be much better off finding a hungry independent body guy and dropping $2-3k on a basic all-over clean-up and paint.

The seller says that he 'doesn't need to sell' the little wagon. That's a good thing, because I can't see him getting anything close to the BIN price. :no:

·
Super Moderator
4,027 Posts
I agree. Not worth $20, but definitely worth something. Some of the moves I get, and some I don't, but there's a lot of labor already done. With the stated 33K miles, a potential buyer ought to be able to go take a turn key ride to see if they like it.

If those are truly the ONLY pinholes of rust in the body at the right rear quarter, then that's pretty nice. I find that hard to believe, and would need shots of the roof drip rail all around, all the floors, and especially the tailgate and tailgate opening on the inside when it's open. If those check out and the cargo area isn't rusted, then there's enough in the body to command some money.

How much? Probably not $20K, with all there still is to do. But well above 5 figures if there's no other rust...just a question of how much.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
he'd be much better off finding a hungry independent body guy and dropping $2-3k on a basic all-over clean-up and paint.
And still be asking to much if he was asking for 15K...
as it sits right now that car is 10-12K tops no way a tiny 4.8 is worth that kind of coin!

Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agreed it ain't at 20k... but he's right it ain't worth 5k! Would be a nice sleeper with a little more work. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Notice how many

You ever notice how many people watch Velocity or Barrett Jackson auctions and get dreams of retiring on selling a car?
These days I can't even get my Nova Painted because some shop thinks that i need to pay upwards of 5-7k for a 2K paint job... WTF????:mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
You ever notice how many people watch Velocity or Barrett Jackson auctions and get dreams of retiring on selling a car?
These days I can't even get my Nova Painted because some shop thinks that i need to pay upwards of 5-7k for a 2K paint job... WTF????:mad:
5-7K doesn't get you much for a paint job in CA... :(

·
Registered
962 Posts
You take that car to any decent auction and it won't touch ten grand. He might shop it long enough to bring ten but twenty is a big stretch. If anybody offers anything near ten he should jerk their arm off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts