Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the top of fender trim, directly behind the headlight bezel, on a 1962 Acadian Beaumont is identical to the same piece on a 1963 Acadian Beaumont? I have showroom brochures but they just aren't clear enough.

·
Registered
287 Posts
pic of 63

Norm, I don't know if this will help but I come across this in my search.

I kept it because this is the side trim that I have to find.

Floyd.

·
13,729 Posts
Norm, I think the 62 and 63 are different. As I recall my 62 Beaumont convert, the front of the trim was more like a spear. The front of the 63 piece slanted back rather than forward. Could be wrong on this, but my best recollection. In any event, either are going to be tough to find. And good luck to you Floyd looking for the Beaumont Sport Coupe trim :) .
At the Coastal Swap Meet last weekend, Ric and I could have made a fortune if we'd had any Acadian trim pieces. 65SD gave us a set of 62 ACADIAN letters that fit under the grill, but they didn't sell. Not many 62's still around I guess.
Bob

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
62-63 Acadian Beaumont

Bob, my thoughts are in line with yours. Going through pictures and literature, it seemed there was a slight difference and I definitely noticed the 63 sticking straight up or even a little back.
Last Monday I looked at a 62 4dr just for the front clip. The sheet metal was solid and it had a good grille and the fender trim pieces were not pitted. My 63 didn't have any fender trim when I bought it so I thought I would use these 62's on the 63 SD. After seeing the 62 in person, I was pretty sure they were not the same. The 62 pieces look like something from an Olds Rocket 88.
I also believe few people are looking for these 62-64 pieces. They don't seem to bring much money when they show up on eBay. I have an SS guage cluster and considered putting an Acadian bezel on it and listing it as a Sport Deluxe Instrument cluster but I think it might bring more money as a Nova SS cluster.

·
13,729 Posts
fore-speed said:
I also believe few people are looking for these 62-64 pieces. They don't seem to bring much money when they show up on eBay. I have an SS guage cluster and considered putting an Acadian bezel on it and listing it as a Sport Deluxe Instrument cluster but I think it might bring more money as a Nova SS cluster.
At the swap meet, the demand was for 66/67 Acadian trim, especially tail light bezels/lenses, the 66 SD fender peak trim, fender louvres and name plates. I don't recall anybody looking for first generation pieces.
Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
re trim for 62 and 63 acadian

By what the book says the trim pc's for the 62 and 63 are different. The 62 shows as part #5773717 and the 63 shows as part#5776137. Hope this helps with your search for parts, it can be very difficult to find parts. Brad

·
13,729 Posts
1 of 274 said:
By what the book says the trim pc's for the 62 and 63 are different. The 62 shows as part #5773717 and the 63 shows as part#5776137. Hope this helps with your search for parts, it can be very difficult to find parts. Brad
Brad, are you going to join us at the Fathers Day Show in Mission this Sunday? We're all meeting at Tim Hortons parking lot across from Mission Raceway at 9AM.
Bob

·
Registered
287 Posts
In any event, either are going to be tough to find. And good luck to you Floyd looking for the Beaumont Sport Coupe trim
Thanks, this is the hardest part about the Acadians, identifying exactly what the parts look like can be a challenge all it's own.

The pics of the day in the brochures are poor pics at best.

Brad: do you have a parts manual? Could you give me the part #'s for the side and back trim for my 64 canso?? The closest pic I can find is the 63 posted above.

I have a shop manual, it kinda shows a picture but other than that it's useless.

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
64 canso parts and fathers day picnic

Would love to have the car at the picnic but car is not on the road yet, sitting in the garage in a few pieces slowly getting there.... I will be at the picnic to have a look around. "1fasbu" check your message box and I will email the info you would like .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts