Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this while searching ebay. Just seeing if anybody is running this ifs kit. If so, have you run into any issues? I've tried getting ahold of the seller regarding a few ?'s i have, but haven't got a reply back seeing if they offer inner fender panels and V-8 engine mounts. Item number: 160739066807

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
FOR THE PRICE IT SEEMS LIKE A SWEET DEAL, BUT I KNOW NOTHIN' ABOUT THIS IFS OR THE SELLER, IF IT'S A LEGIT MUSTANG II IT'S A BARGAIN! :yes:
YOU CAN GET INNER FENDERS FROM PRACTICALLY ANYBODY THAT SELLS AND IFS KIT. SAME WITH THE MOUNTS! IF YA HAVE ANY SHEETMETAL SKILLS, YOU CAN FAB UP SOME INNER FENDERS, EVEN BETTER THAN THE MARKETED ONE'S. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
eBay item

I've been looking at the same kit. Sure wish somebody had some info on how well it fits. Would love to upgrade my 63. Come on guys help us out

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've looked long and hard at it a few times, even seen it in person at several shows and the best way I can describe it is Harbor Freight. You get what you pay for and it seems pretty cheaply put together. I ended up with a TCI and feel pretty good about my choice, sure its more money but this is not a part of the car I want to go cheap on. This is only my opinion so take it for what its worth.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The style that the upper control mounts is out dated. A few companies have had consistent issues with alignments staying put. The horizontal slots are the problem. That is why, for example, TCI stopped producing that style and switched to the vertical plate that the upper control arm mounts to. And you get what you pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts