Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone confirm that a 1965 Nova passenger inner fender will fit a 1963 Nova with no modifications I am to understand that 66-67 are different and the 62 -65 interchange with no problem. Please help before I purchase it Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
682 Posts
62 uses a different hood hinge, so 62 will not interchange with 63-65. Otherwise, 63-65 inner fenders will interchange.

I think 62-64 rad supports interchange, but 65 is slightly different for grill mounting.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
inner fender

Thanks Dave for the info on the inner fender I gave another member your info for some dash chrome if you have it. I hope that was okay just tyring to make you $$$$$. Please PM or email me with what you think is a fair price for a mint r/s inner fender. Appreciate It!

Thanks Neil

·
Super Moderator
3,843 Posts
Some good questions. I think that there is a difference between interchangeability and whether or not they are the same part.

I think the inner fender for '62 is one year only as Dave stated. The only difference I can think of for '64 and '65 is nearly insignificant, on the right side the hole for the V-8 routing of the fuel line.

As for core supports, I think '64 and '65 have bigger openings for V-8 engines. Also, I think '65 is different for upper outer brackets attached to the core support.
'62 mounting of a voltage regulator might be different than later years for being a different regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts