Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone recognize this trunk trim? I originally thought that it was from a '62 but now I don't know. It's on my '64 moredoor right now and I was told it was a '63, but after a bit of research, and the purchase of a '63 trim, I now don't know what the heck it's off of!

·
13,695 Posts
I agree. It's 1962. Before I knew much about Chevy IIs, I drove around for 2 years with a trunk trim piece like this on my 63 SS. One day I came across another 63 SS and realized it had a totally different piece than mine. The owner gently advised me I had the wrong trunk diecast. I eventually found a mint 63 piece at a swap meet just a few miles from my home.

Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had actually removed the original '64 piece to put a better looking '63 on it. In the Ebay battle that ensued over trying to get my hands on a '63 trim, I bought this one and it took so long for it to arrive that I bought an actual '63 trim, forgetting that this one was on it's way. Both this and the '63 arrived within a day of each other and I was shocked at how different they were. I immediately fell in love with this one over the '63 so I drilled out 3 of the four holes needed(since one stud lined up) and mounted it instead then smoothed out the remaining holes. I have yet to see a picture of a '62 with this piece on it though. If any of you have a pic you could post of it, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 62, it looks a lot like one. I have a set of trunk strips that I am looking to get rid of, would you be interested?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts