Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving my Yellow (65) been painted now about 3 months front end starts shaking get back home & find out front driver side tire has a knot on it. I have after market rim with 185 -70-14 I get 195-70-14 put on them. I go out for a ride get back home backing into my driveway I hear something tire hit fender Just my luck I'm going to put some miles on them Just maybe they will wear before I change them

. Later Larry Mc

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
its all about the back spacing of the wheels....I have 205/70/14s and they do not rub at all......my back spacing on my wheels are 4 3/8"...they are chevelle disc brake rallys....what is your back space?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its all about the back spacing of the wheels....I have 205/70/14s and they do not rub at all......my back spacing on my wheels are 4 3/8"...they are chevelle disc brake rallys....what is your back space?

Thanks, for getting back I will have to check this car still has drums on front

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You can gain just a bit of clearance by spacing out the lower fender support rod. It might be enough to fix it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can gain just a bit of clearance by spacing out the lower fender support rod. It might be enough to fix it.

. Later Larry Mc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts