Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im gonna be putting together some 193 heads. 1. no im not going vortechs. 2. Yes i know there tbi heads. 3.I got em for free along with my sgi roller block which is at the machine shop waiting to be checked now i know these heads have a 65.3 cc chambers and 185 cc runners, the only reason im doing them is because i want to, now i know alot of people will object to this but ive got my mind set i know i should get a kick in the lower to mid range area but what type of compression would i look at if i used them on a older chevy 350 and yes im talking the 355 that is in my nova now my jasper lol and no it was not the cam that went flat but the valve covers i had where the crappy mr gasket with barley any baffle in the pcv port you could tell i was sucking oil through it, but any way yes i am planning to use them for my engine cause the 487x heads have 76 cc chambers and only 175 intake runners and i have read the 193 though being swirl port will still make power in the 5000 rpm area which the swirl ramp will be getting attention also when home porting then i will take em to machine shop for some resurfacing about .005 off of em :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run tbi heads I ran along side a dynoed 383 at 406 HP and he did NOT pull away from me that quick, run those heads and see who wastes you off the line. You will have great power decent mileage. Know this thread is old but I hope you see it. I was gonna switch to vortechs but after that run with the Stroker im keeping em a little port job could get me by him

1 - 3 of 3 Posts