Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed disk brakes with a 2" drop in the front of my 70.

I'm getting new wheels and tires and really like the Vintage Wheel Works five spoke.

I like the look of the 17" wheels but fear that with the shorter sidewall tires for it that the ride will get pretty rough.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Have you bought 17s for your nova and regretted it? Did it make the ride much rougher?

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Stock coils? It will be stiffer but if the suspension is stock I wouldn't worry. your cornering will improve too. Now if you have upgarded multi leaf rear springs and upgraded front coils then you might want ponder it. I'm running 18's and 20's with 35 series tires and all performance suspension. Its a little rough but then again it corners like it mounted on a track. Give a little gain alittle.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.

yea, I have stock coils in the front, 2 inch drop spindles and edelbrock shocks.

In the rear I'm waiting for my hotchkis sport leaf springs (1.5" drop) to show up. Also have the edelbroks in the rear.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
those lines on the rear tires definitely wouldn't be on there by the time i got home :devil:, you've got to get that slick layer of so that they have better traction lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.