Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running 15x7 rims on the front of their first generation Nova? If so what are you running for backspace and what size tires? I have a 63 and want to know if I could run these or if I need 15x6's. I know every car is different but wanted to see what people are fitting. :D
Thanks for any info !!!

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Are you running front disc brakes?If so are they "0" offset type? Or are you running drum brakes?On my lowered 67 with Chevelle style front discs I had to run a 15x5 with a 195-60-15 to not have the tires rub.This brake moves the wheels outward 1/2 inch each side.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I'm runnin' 15x7 mid 80's Camaro Iroc wheels with a 4 1/4 backspacing 195/50/15 tire 2" drop spindle and 4 wheel disc brakes , rear tires are 205/60/15

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
15x7's with 4.5 backspace will fit the back, and they "should" also fit the front. I think a 15x6 is better suited for the front. This is if you cars suspension is stock. Every car is different, so I suggest a wheelrite.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the wheelrite tool

and have discovered that it is a P.O.S. This thing is not very accurate with a piece of wire for a tire profile and flimsy plastic.I do have disc front brakes they were already installed when I purchased the car.I already have the rims but was going to purchase some tires for the front I wanted to put 205/60/15's When I measured with the Wheeljunk I mean rite tool it saying they will clear but It seemed to good to be true!:)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have Greg Weld DragStar 92's 15x7's with F-70x15 Firestone redline bias tires.....they work well for me plus I have CPP front power discs......hope that helps.:D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I had 15x7 ralleys of a monte carlo with 205/60-15 euro T/A's back in the day on my 64. And that was with drums and disc brakes. Front end was lowered 2 inches from stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts