Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of building my '64 moredoor. My goal is to have a pretty sweet sleeper when I am done. She originally had 13" wheels on her when I got her. I am thinking about keeping the 13" profile. When she is done she'll have the 327 backed by a TH400 (maybe) with a posi. I plan on running her mostly street. A buddy had me convinced to go with 355s but people on here suggest 308s if I am going to keep it mostly street. I still have time to make these decisions. I'm currently prepping the front end for a CPP upgrade. Should I keep the 13" setup? Will I need to order anything special with the kit from CPP if I do keep it 13"? Wheels are way down the road right now too, just tossing some ideas around in my head so I can do some research along the way for wheels/tires.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The biggest issue is fitting disc brakes into a 13 inch wheel, I’m 95% sure the caliper will hit the wheel. I had 14’s and they were close. Any kind of spacer that would allow it to clear would push the wheels out too far.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That is the first thing that popped in my head, I dont see any disc working up there

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew it was probably a crazy idea but I had to ask.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Good luck finding tires in 13" much less wheels. Your 64 already has 5 lug axles so at least look at 14" if not 15" wheels and tires. They are still available and will maintain the sleeper look and still give performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts