Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if there are any reports from the field about 13" tires for early Chevy II/Nova. When last I looked, there was only one affordable whitewall and the quality was abysmal. Has any owner of a first generation stocker gone the Coker Tire/Lucas Tire route and bought vintage whites? Did they wear well? Failing that, for owners of cars that still have their 13's, what are you running and are they any good? Stock front ends are tough on sidewalls, and most seem to cave in cornering. I could have some more options in 14", but that's not stock for my sled.

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would think so, right? I mean, if I were smart. I've talked about it and might some day, but all the 4 lug stuff is working very well, so I didn't want to touch it yet. Also, trying to keep it stock looking, including wheel covers.

Yeah, I guess 14 is the only way. I'm not forking over a grand + for a set of vintage bias ply tires that might not wear well anyway.

·
Registered
990 Posts

These are what I have on my 62 stocker. I put them on about 4 years ago with maybe only 3000 miles or so since. They feel great all the way to 65 mph, my self imposed top speed. My suspension is all original with power assist, although I did add an oem sway bar to reduce body roll which made a noticeable improvement in handling. There is no discernible wear on the tires at this time. I only wish the white walls were wider to better replicate the original appearance. I highly recommend these tires and I will buy them again.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Saw an El Camino at a show this weekend with hydraulic suspension, 13" narrow white wall tires and chrome wire spoke wheels. This seems to be a popular combo on this type of car. Talk about hell on the sidewalls! Owner told me he gets his tires from Pep Boys. They are Travel Star brand. Saw another similar car with Fire Stone 13" tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts