Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a 12 bolt rear end for sale for $150. The ower claims it is out of an Elcamino has 3:73's, and is posi. Is this a good deal? What should I be looking for other than both wheels turning in the same direction? I am going to look at it tomorrow afternoon. How can I tell if it has 3:73's, is posi, is a 12 bolt, and not a wornout mess? Is this a good deal? I need to build a rear for my 63 that I am doing a medium tub on now so I am not worried about the width. Any help would be very appreciated since I know very little about this topic.
Thanks Jeff

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
What year elcamino?

Depending on year.

The housing is not going to work in your application. But a Chevelle 12 bolt w/posi is worth way more than 150.00 I would buy it for trade equity or resale.

AL

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
What year elcamino?

Depending on year.

The housing is not going to work in your application. But a Chevelle 12 bolt w/posi is worth way more than 150.00 I would buy it for trade equity or resale.

AL
He says he is tubbing the car n-e ways so he could modify it to fit correct. He will have to narrow it anyways. Is a elcee 12 bolt the same as all the others besides a truck 12 bolt??

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called the owner about year of the El Camino and he says hes not sure on the year cant remeber what the guy he got it from said. Is there a way to tell by the housing numbers?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try going on team chevelle as they have a section for el caminos. If it is a 12 bolt out of a car I would jump at it for sure! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
A car 12 bolt and a truck 12 bolt have a different cover patterns. Look in a summit at the gaskets that will help you identify weather its a car or truck 12 bolt. If its a car grab it as fast as you can!!!!!:yes: Even if its not a posi its still worth it for the app you will use it for...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts