Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
DriveWFO said:
Would a 12-bolt rearend out of a 2wd pickup fit directly fit a nova, camaro, chevelle, etc without cutting it down?
FWIW....the bearings on the truck 12 bolt are smaller then those in the car 12 bolt....strangely enough I dont think they are as durable as the car 12 bolt...

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Truck rear ends with 12 bolt covers aren't the same as the performance car rear ends. While the ring gear is the same diameter the pinion is 1.438" Diameter and the car is 1.625" which is the same as the 8.5" ten bolt pinion diameter.

The truck track is wider than a Nova and I think you'll find the leaf spring spacing is wider also.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Hi,

Everybody is right about the rear axle.

I have been using a lot of these lately in chev passenger cars. They still pretty cheap, maybe free. The wheel brgs and brakes are larger than most small chevs ( about the same as early Impala).

Since so many aftermarket parts are now available for this axle, and they are so cheap, I narrow them and use the small brake (and housing ends). I usually buy after market axles, but good used 12 bolt (if you can find any) axles, will work too.

Most people cant tell them from the car 12 bolt once installed, and in all but the most severe cases they seem to be pretty strong.

Good luck
Jeff

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Drive,

What are you running right now? I have a truck twelve bolt out of a 70 Chevy truck, it is set up for truck arms. Hey I have those and what do you know I have a truck arm crossmember and all that other good stuff! Am I giving you any ideas yet?

:D :D :nascar:

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gloryhound said:
Drive,

What are you running right now? I have a truck twelve bolt out of a 70 Chevy truck, it is set up for truck arms. Hey I have those and what do you know I have a truck arm crossmember and all that other good stuff! Am I giving you any ideas yet?

:D :D :nascar:
I wasn't looking to replace my rearend. I was just looking to sell for a quick turn-around.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts