Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thats running a 100 or 140amp alternator can you please post what part #'s your using whether it be from a regular auto retailer or I was looking at the power master units in Summit. I'd really like the 140amp due to my demands and stay with the 3 wire setup. Do I need something like the MADD adapter to make this work or do they still use the external regulator?
(69 nova)

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Great question.....I need to know the same information. I'm looking at 140 amp altinators myself. I'm going to be running an electric fan, electric fuel pump, MDS box, etc. I also want to stay with a 3 wire setup. I am hoping soemone here has some recomndations for RELIABLE 140 amp alternators.
Thanks
Ron

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I have a 66SS. I use a Powermaster 140a. 3 wire set up. You don't use the external volt reg. with this setup. I used an adapter which is basically two short jumper wires. If you need to know how to wire it I can dig out my wiring diagram and let you know how to wire it.
BP

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
im running a 100amp, no problems for past 3 years, not sure what brand, went to the local speed shop and said i need a one wire 100 amp alternator and they came back to the counter w one of there suppliers off brand ones, works great.....i could dig through my reciepts if needed

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I purchased a CS-130 alternator from the local Chevrolet dealership a few years back. It bolts at the 12 & 6 o'clock positions like the original did.

-AC Delco# 321-496
-GM# 10463205

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
CS-130 Altinator

Hi TPINOVAII,
Do you have a photo of your CS-130? I am looking at a drivers side low mount bracket from www.alangrovecomponents.com/short_pump.htm It's their part number 209L-alt and it fits a CS130 with 2 O-clock mounting position. Does anyone here have a part number for a CS-130 with a 2:00 O-clock mounting position? I'm trying to mount both a drivers side alt and a pasenger side air conditioning compressor as low and out of view as possible. When I open the hood, I don't want top see accessories, just engine. Thanks in addvance for any help you can give me.
Ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you still have your original factory style alternator, then why not get that upgraded to 100 - 140 amps at an alternator re-builder. You will still then have the same wiring and voltage regulator. I had my 36 amp unit upgraded to 115 amp to run my dual fans, A/C etc. and have had no problems. The cost was $75.00. He installed all new stator etc. inside and even detailed the outside.
Gobs

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well found an alternator today at Pepboys. I needed to come up with something quick so I could try and make it to a car show Sunday.

94 amp - 86 chevy p/u 454 w/ ac
part # 7294-12

Worked perfectly for me and I went from 10-12 volts with everything on too a steady 13.5+ and 14+ without the lights. Best part was it only cost me $59.99 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts