Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting out a $ 100.00 bounty for who can find my old plate. I had this plate on my car back in the late 80s but I sold the car with only one plate. I have tried getting help from the dmv and aaa with no help. My plans are to build a new Hot Rod and some of you know what it is:yes: and these plates need to be on this car:yes: I still have one of my original plate but not the one with the tags on it. I need to know if the plate is still being used today, is it a n.o.p. or is it out of the system. So if you can help you can mail me the info. (you know why) Mark Johnson 5959 lakewood blvd. Lakewood cal. 90712

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I'm putting out a $ 100.00 bounty for who can find my old plate. I had this plate on my car back in the late 80s but I sold the car with only one plate. I have tried getting help from the dmv and aaa with no help. My plans are to build a new Hot Rod and some of you know what it is:yes: and these plates need to be on this car:yes: I still have one of my original plate but not the one with the tags on it. I need to know if the plate is still being used today, is it a n.o.p. or is it out of the system. So if you can help you can mail me the info. (you know why) Mark Johnson 5959 lakewood blvd. Lakewood cal. 90712
The search came up as available: http://vehicledataregistry.com/License_Plate.php?type=License Plate&id=ms1001

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just ran my current plate thru that system is it came up available,doesn't look to be accurate. Good luck finding your plate

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
If you sold the car with one plate DMV would not have registered it. Either he would have to turn the one he had in or they would make a new set with two plates.
I assume you tried to go in and order it like you didn't know anything?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
If you sold the car with one plate DMV would not have registered it. Either he would have to turn the one he had in or they would make a new set with two plates.
I assume you tried to go in and order it like you didn't know anything?
:no: DMV doesnt varify you you have both plates when registering a car to a new owner, they dont look at the plates. They dont even look at the car.:no:

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Can't someone in L.E. look it up for you? I know they're not supposed to, but if you know someone and can convince them you're not trying to do anything illegal, they have the information at their fingertips.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts