Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used, seen or installed one of these?? It's a one-piece floor pan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4592732392

My floor pans are both shot (rusty), and the center 'hump' was pretty much butchered by the previous owner, and i'd like to get it all replaced. Do you think this is a good piece?

Also, I will not be doing the cutting and welding... but is there anything else I'd need to think about or buy if I get something like this (as apposed to ordering two seperate full floor pans)?

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
We were just talking about this in the Ebay section. It's a new piece from Dynacorn, and I don't think anyone has tried it yet. It does look good. From the photos, the contours look to be much more accurate than the previous stampings. Only thing to be aware of is that the toe boards aren't present at all, whereas the existing items generally have at least the very bottom of it.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Haven't used the one piece, but the price isn't bad (compares to the two piece version), but the shipping is a killer unless you can pick up.

I assume that the one piece will fit through a door opening, or must it come through a removed front or rear glass opening?!? :confused: (don't know).

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Maxturbo said:
Haven't used the one piece, but the price isn't bad (compares to the two piece version), but the shipping is a killer unless you can pick up.

I assume that the one piece will fit through a door opening, or must it come through a removed front or rear glass opening?!? :confused: (don't know).
Of course it could always squeeze up and in through the big frikkin' hole you're gonna have to cut in the floor to accomodate it. :) Depending I guess on whether you have some overlap.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Greg_R_63 said:
Of course it could always squeeze up and in through the big frikkin' hole you're gonna have to cut in the floor to accomodate it. :) Depending I guess on whether you have some overlap.

Wouldnt the floor braces be in the way to do that? :confused:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Of course it could always squeeze up and in through the big frikkin' hole you're gonna have to cut in the floor to accomodate it. Depending I guess on whether you have some overlap.
How about the need to remove the tranny, drive shaft and ??? (sucks). :(

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greg_R_63 said:
... Only thing to be aware of is that the toe boards aren't present at all, whereas the existing items generally have at least the very bottom of it.
I also thought of that, since part of my floor problems are the toe-boards. Are those pieces (toe boards) available or something that could manufactured to add-on? i know there are full floor pan pieces that include the toe boards, but these include the full center hump and bucket seat mounts (which is great).

As for fitting that piece into the car, that might be a bit tricky... removing a rear window would probably do it.

Would a person need to remove the transmission, exhaust, drive shaft, brake lines etc... when this is installed? I guess since i've never had to do this before, what all would need to be done to prepare for such an event? (i would have to hire the cutting and welding work).

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Would a person need to remove the transmission, exhaust, drive shaft, brake lines etc... when this is installed?
Not if welded from the top side (which is typical) only. A little tough to prep and preserve the UNDERSIDE when finished, but doable. ;)

This is of course based on whether you can GET the piece in the car from above.

I guess you could always cut it in half! :eek: :D

(go with the two piece, save on shipping and keep the running gear, glass and other interference intact is my suggestion)

·
Registered
21 Posts
re 1 piece floor pan

just saw the starting bid for the one piece floor plan on ebay is 349.99 plus shipping. you can order that part for 299.95 plus shipping from cpu muscle car parts.they are in ill. i think but they have a warehouse north of pittsburgh pa. so maybe someone near can save freight charges :D

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone used one of these yet??
My entire interior will be out of my car next week... and i'm trying to figure out what to do with my floor. This looks like a great solution... and not too expensive for the parts. Labor will be another story :(

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
As mentioned, No Toe Board is a big minus of the "one piece". That and as you all mentioned, the size. IMO, I would buy the 2 sides that have the extended toe board and the tunnel.

If someone does buy it, keep us posted !!!

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I just got a pair of side pans for my 62, Goodmark of course;) , and I do need the toeboard. But I also need pieces of the tunnel which the full pan has. But since Goodmark doesn't carry the full pan, then.............

Any way, what they should do with the full pan is to get rid of the very rear section that goes under the back seat (havn't seen too many bad back there). And then add the length back on at the toe board.

I think then more would buy them instead of coming to me for the side panels!!!:rolleyes:

Not only is it missing the toeboard, but the whole section where the drivers and front passangers feet sit!!!!! The worst parts in everyones floors.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Doesnt someone make the"Toe Board Extensions"?I dont work on 1st and 2nd Gens Much but on third Gens I Cut the Toe Board Off and use the Factory Seam.
I thought I seen the Ext.For 1st Gens.
Joe

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've not used this nova piece, but have used the dii camaro one, and they fit very well. On camaros you put them in through the passenger side windows. The steering wheel if there, is the biggest problem.
How far are you from Tipton Ia.? Jensen camaro is a dii dealer. You might be able to save the shipping. www.jensencamaro.com

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
One more thing, since you say you need the tunnel. The Goodmark panels only have the bottom 2" of the tunnel so they probably won't work for you.

If your not too far from the place linked above you'd prolly do good by ordering the full floor from them and going to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTHOMAS67Wagon said:
As mentioned, No Toe Board is a big minus of the "one piece". That and as you all mentioned, the size. IMO, I would buy the 2 sides that have the extended toe board and the tunnel.

If someone does buy it, keep us posted !!!

-Brent Thomas
Ohio
Hey guys... NovaFan63 is installing this floor pan here:

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37633

This should answer all our questions regarding this.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Hey guys... NovaFan63 is installing this floor pan here:
You are right 63 hardtop I am in the process of installing this pan. However, I drilled out all of the spot welds that are holding the bucket seat brackets to the floorpan since I am going with a bench seat. I have someone who is buying the brackets from me. It is a good piece and I picked mine up from Rudy @ Modern Performance in Anaheim. I am still prepping the car for the welding but will continue to post updates on the other thread in this section entitles "entire floorpan." If anyone has any questions let me know.

David

1 - 18 of 18 Posts