Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure, but it came to me from someone who is a very reliable source...And I read it on the internet...So it must be true!:yes::yes::yes:

Check out the link at the bottom.

Hey everyone...you don't have to have actually raced at LACR to know that this once "old but proud" Dragstrip is now just so much "dirt" piled up in Palmdale! However, there is a group of individuals that are trying to revive some sort of a racing facility (but perhaps only an eighth mile strip due to some limitations...not sure what those are) in Palmdale so that it would take the "Street Racing" off the streets and put it back onto the legalized parcel of land where this could be done legally and most of all...safely. Please do read all of this letter and respond back if you are so inclined to do so and feel that it might be a good idea to set up even a "minimum facility" that could support this type of racing venue without going into the "World of Professional Racing Facilities" that tend to cost "millions and millions" to build and operate. Maybe just a "non professionally" run race facility might be an answer to the problem "if" the right people were contacted and land offered or set aside for such a facility. Read on, and do click onto the website at the bottom of the page that will give you more info about this subject.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subj: Fwd: Street legal 1/8 mile drag race in the Antelope Valley

Forwarded Message:
Subj: Street legal 1/8 mile drag race in the Antelope Valley
Date: 7/8/2009 12:49:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Sent from the Internet (Details)

It seems that there are several of us that use to frequent L.A.C.R. and since its demise we have had no where to go to include the Kids in our community who have now hit the streets with a vengeance.
Recently there have been some talks with a property owner that has enough space and the correct zoning and permit to hold a street legal 1/8 mile drag race, which would include a rescue team etc..

To pull this off it's going to cost money.

So what about a 1/8 mile Drag Race and questions to go with it:

First of all, How do you feel about a 1/8 mile temporary facility?

Would you be willing to come out to the Antelope Valley for such a race?

How much are you as a racer willing to spend for registration?

As a spectator how much would you be willing to spend at the gate?

How do you feel about an Ol'Skool Flash Light Start VS. a timing system?

How many of you would be willing to help promote a race in this area?

Comments Please!

You can respond to this e-mail or call me at (661) 944-2299

Many thanx in advance,

tha Moldy one

http://www.savelacr.org

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I rarely drove there to run a 1/4, I sure as hell wouldn't go there for an 1/8!
With the altitude, wind, and weather, I'd have to pass. I realize it might be closer for you guys further north, but if I lived up there, I might still go to Irwindale just because the conditions are better.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I would definitely support it, but only if there is a timing system. I am feed up with the long lines at Irwindale on Thursday night! :mad: I have to take a 1/2 off work to get there before the traffic hits the 210, then might end up with only 3 runs for the effort, and they don't seem to care :no:. One night I got only 2 runs in before 8 PM even though I was there at 5, and they never found my timeslip for the second run :mad::mad:! Why don't they run on Saturdays or ad another night during the week?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I don't know where you go wrong Bob, I see the same cars go by over and over until I'm tired of seeing the same crap! Except when I have my car there, then it's like you said.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Haha! The grass is always greener on someone elses front lawn. We are all on the same side, so there is no other side...

Bob is on the fast track to a go-fast bottle so he'll run the ex lane and be one of those cars you get sick of seeing go so many times in a single night - right bob?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts