Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed these headers on there 3rd gen Nova and did you have to modify anything to get them to fit between the stock fender wells. The part number is a 2207-1HKR for a SBC. Just wondering because its a $60 dollar difference between the 1 5/8 header and the 1 7/8 so its worth it to me.:yes: Since I am running a pro-charger.:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bowtie I just didnt know if any modifications needed to be done, my car doesnt have power steering or a/c , so its a straight shot off of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
little eric(member) has a set of hooker super comps 1 7/8" they fit nice!!!
cleared everything no dings, no massaging. Even cleared the column shifter linkage.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I'm talking about:yes: a nice size header that fits no problem without having to bash your engine with a hammer to make them fit:horse::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have them...No issues...Only thing that sucks is I gotta loosen the header to get #5 plug out...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deals done, just ordered the headers from Jegs and I should have the car at the least running and ready for test and tune at the Super Chevy show in P.A.:yes: I will be running the car on motor alone and then the blower:devil:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
plugs

I just ordered the accel shorty plugs today for cyl number 3,4,5,6, the stock plugs are to long to clear the header tubes without being short. but I definately think the hooker headers are worth the money, dropped right in for me as well.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Header bolts

What do you guys recommend for header bolts, I used the ARP bolts on my last motor, but you still get the bolts to loosen up every once in awhile. If I could remember they do make some sort of locking header bolts, but I cant think of the name:confused:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I've even seen those locking bolts and those trick bolts with the clips come loose. The trick is to install the headers with a good gasket, install the bolts and tighten them from the center out even torque, run the engine for the day and let sit overnight. The next day go and recheck the bolts. pretty sure you'll find some loose ones. Once you retighten them you should be fine. Everything needs to expand and contract and seat before they won't come loose anymore. Lots of people make the mistake of tightening them when its hot. If you have alum heads use alittle anti-seize on the bolts. Hope that helps...:D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
How good of a plug are they? and I must be dumb but I never new was a specific spark plug for headers:confused:
they are alittle pricey, I've never used them on a race application but for a street car they work great. Kragen carries them on the shelf. Matter of fact I should have used them on an el camino I just worked on. I used AC delco and 2 boots burned off on #1 and #6

·
Registered
81 Posts
how do you start a thread or post

Has anybody installed these headers on there 3rd gen Nova and did you have to modify anything to get them to fit between the stock fender wells. The part number is a 2207-1HKR for a SBC. Just wondering because its a $60 dollar difference between the 1 5/8 header and the 1 7/8 so its worth it to me.:yes: Since I am running a pro-charger.:D
hi can somebody tell me what hit for starting a thread or post a wanted item

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On the upper left side of the section your in, it will say start new thread.You must be llogged in, in order to do so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hooker headers - sbc

A tech from hooker recommended the 2207-3HKR for my use. I am not sure if the difference is the "darkside" black ceramic coating he recommended for procharger temperatures.
Let me know what you choose and how they work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts