Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go with the 1.6 full roller rocker. I have in the motor right now a 465/488 summit cam. and I want to bump it up some. I heard somewhere that I should not use 1.6 rockers with a hyd. flat tappet cam. I have RPM Heads good to 575 lift. What do you all think. I want to order tomorrow. Thanks in advace for any help. I had a 488/510 summit cam in the motor before and like the way it ran better then now.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
certainly you'll gain more lift and alittle duration but don't think you'll gain enough to match the old summit cam. Try it see how you like it. Maybe find some good used ones.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Just make sure you order the correct rocker stud size.
3/8 or 7/16

Changing to 1.6 is not a issue as long as the valve train can handle the new lift specs.

465 lift will be .496
488 lift will be .520

From your posting head spec your fine.

You need to check your valve geometry when doing this with the new rocker ratio. Different length push rods may be needed.
http://www.lunatipower.com/Tech/Valvetrain/HowToVerifyValvetrainGeometry.aspx

Al

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
will get .031 more lift and 2 degrees dur with 1.6, i ran this ratio on two different combos with a 350 and the engine liked the 1.5 better, but you got to try it and see, some engines like them and some dont kinda like carb spacers, trial and error.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts