Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently finished installing a ZZ4 engine and manual tremec transmission and have read so many different opinions on the 1/4 mile time that i just figured Id ask for my specific setup. So just let me know what you guys think it will run.
Thanks

ZZ4 engine with 750 cfm holley carb
hooker competition headers
3.73 rear end
racing suspension
255/60 R15 tires may end up getting racing slicks but not sure
3200 lb car

Need any other information to get a more accurate estimate just let me know.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
should run 12.50s depending on the tire are you running drag radials ? if not your times will be low 13s prolly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was shooting for mid 13s so thats better than I thought. The tires are not drag radials but im guessing if I got the drag slicks I would be in the mid to upper 12s.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
possible what kind of traction device do you have on the car.? if you can get the car to leave good youll run pretty fast remember youll loose a couple shifting the car ( manual trans ) unless you know how to power shift :yes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its a posi trac rear end but I bought all the rear suspension components as a package. Not sure on the exact specs right now ill have to take a look tomorrow. Came with shocks, stiffer leaf springs and front and rear sway bar. But my dad has also been teaching me to power shift since I was 17 so im hoping I can just keep that going on the track

Forgot to add im also ordering competition traction bars from summit.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Take it to the track and let us know...it's a waste of time trying to guess somebody's performance numbers. There are WAY too many variables to even make a guess. Don't try to figure it out on the street. Have fun and stay safe.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
well youll want to remove the sway bars when you get to the track, but they are good for street or corner carving :devil: so dont get rid of them :no: slapper bars will work great although i would go with cal-trac bars imo :yes: but if money is tight then stick with the slapper bars :yes: sounds like your going to have a blast when you get it out there i wouldnt waste your time trying to drag race on street tires i would throw the slicks on and put the power down to the ground :devil: :yes: :D will you be going to maryland drarway

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not sure I havent looked into maryland, whats that strip like? I was planning on running it at Virginia motorsports. Also do you know a good place to get a good deal on the cal-trac bars? I usually always order from summit. Havent even looked yet so ill check some places out.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Im not sure I havent looked into maryland, whats that strip like? I was planning on running it at Virginia motorsports. Also do you know a good place to get a good deal on the cal-trac bars? I usually always order from summit. Havent even looked yet so ill check some places out.
ive got a couple buddys who go to maryland they say its good im from the westcoast ive been to maryland as a spectator though i would go to what ever is closest to you i guess im sure there are others from virginia on here that will chime in. you could try www.calvertracing.com for the cal-trac bars :yes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
370 isnt to bad for the bars. How much of a difference do you think they will make compared to just throwing on traction bars?
Traction Bars- 180.00
Caltrac- 370.00

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
in my opinion they are that much better than " slapper bars " i think on the calvert website they have a faq section on them. from what i see its the suspension to have if you want to keep it a sleeper :devil: :yes:

·
Registered
391 Posts
you need to see novaresource.com the cal-vert install section....personally ive heard of the '8's slapper bar..nova..set-up.imo...spend your money elsewere.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I used to know a guy with a 71 chevelle that had a ZZ4 engine with 750 vac sec carb, 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, th 350 with 2,200 stall, 3.73's, 28x12.5 ET streets and his car ran consistant 13.70'[email protected] mph.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I used to know a guy with a 71 chevelle that had a ZZ4 engine with 750 vac sec carb, 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, th 350 with 2,200 stall, 3.73's, 28x12.5 ET streets and his car ran consistant 13.70'[email protected] mph.
just think your buddy could have ran 11.50s with a 3800 stall and a set of 4.30s gears ................ hot rod proved that " crate motor shootout " issue :yes: and yes that was with a well prept track :yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts