Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know what percentage of ‘69 Novas were painted black?
Also, is the grill fill piece between the grill and the bumper supposed to be painted silver, or Argent?
Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know what percentage of ‘69 Novas were painted black?
Also, is the grill fill piece between the grill and the bumper supposed to be painted silver, or Argent?
Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide!
I know you all hate someone who asks questions via a forum before doing thorough research. I discovered through searches that Argent seems to be the correct color, based upon previous posts.
So, my original question remains, any way to know what percentage of ‘69 Novas were original 10 code Black paint cars?..
Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you all hate someone who asks questions via a forum before doing thorough research. I discovered through searches that Argent seems to be the correct color, based upon previous posts.
So, my original question remains, any way to know what percentage of ‘69 Novas were original 10 code Black paint cars?..
Thanks for your help!!
My apologies. I should have specified 2-door cars. I'm aware that exact numbers are not available, but I'm guessing someone out there has general percentages which will allow me to narrow it down somewhat.

Thanks so much!!!

·
13,083 Posts
There are no published reports of 'number of cars by color'. Without even rough numbers, it would be pretty difficult to calculate percentages. There might be someone out there with inside info from Chevrolet. Until then, all we know is there weren't very many black '69 Novas.
The bumper filler is PPG code 8568 Argent Silver. Kinda funny because argent is silver in French, so I guess it's silver silver!!

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no published reports of 'number of cars by color'. Without even rough numbers, it would be pretty difficult to calculate percentages. There might be someone out there with inside info from Chevrolet. Until then, all we know is there weren't very many black '69 Novas.
The bumper filler is PPG code 8568 Argent Silver. Kinda funny because argent is silver in French, so I guess it's silver silver!!

Bob
Bob, I very much appreciate your input. I suspected there wasn't a specific number which could be reached, however I appreciate your info.
Again, thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
classracerEd.... if you are looking for argent silver paint, i got a can of spray from eastwoods. a bit pricey after shipping. but i bought 3 different cans locally to try an match a rally wheel with no luck. eastwoods was a perfect match.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
classracerEd.... if you are looking for argent silver paint, i got a can of spray from eastwoods. a bit pricey after shipping. but i bought 3 different cans locally to try an match a rally wheel with no luck. eastwoods was a perfect match.
Redrider, that is very helpful. Thanks so much!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts