3rd Gen Social Group - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 3rd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 21st-November-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
'71 Nova SS
(OP)

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1971 Nova SS
Garage
3rd Gen Social Group

I'm looking for some 3rd gens who might be interested in creating a social group on here just for us. A group within the broader group that we're already in. I don't want to hijack the 73 & 74 thread started by lifetime62, but rather start a new thread that would include all 3rd gens, including the 73's & 74's. I would welcome any of those members to join with us.
I'm thinking that this group would be have a little more in common in that we all would have Novas of the same generation.
Anybody want to jump in? Thanks. Frank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st-November-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Twinshadows

Nova(s): 1969 2-door,OFFY Holley,
Frank ....

I'm in for the 'group' ........... a very good idea, and I need to gain more info on all types on the 3rd gen Novas. More info on our cars is
Priceless ...... these Novas are getting older each week , and , more classic as we drive them.

And, I'm always needing new contacts & a lot more Friends, for sure ...

Look at this as even Better & Bigger along with "Steves Nova Site"

NPHNP & MORE

jim
Old 21st-November-2017, 02:07 PM   #3
Twinshadows

O K ....... I just looked at " lifeline62 " post.......

so , start your 'post' with "name & location & year Nova .....

maybe, we have other NOVA FANS close to our home, of other family members that could be Nova owners as well

Jim .... here in CHINO VALLEY, AZ.
'69 2dr Arizona car bought new in Phoenix. I've owned this car for 21 yrs. , and will never be sold.
250 I-6 , stock motor, with factory A/C ( powerglide car..... going to GM
T 5 trans).

jim

Old 21st-November-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
bigallis1

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1969 2dr stick 6
Garage
Smile

Me and my '69 Nova are in also Frank.
It's always great to meet up with other Nova owners on here.
In particular the owners of original configured Nova's.

Jim, here in The Villages, Florida.
Have had my '69 Nova for 3 plus years.
Original Texas car until I bought it. Still has it's 250 6 cyl and 3-speed on the floor that came with it.
Original wheels and dog -dish hub caps. manual steer and AM radio.
Original Azure Turquoise color changed to Malibu Blue about 15 years ago.
I am the 3rd or 4th owner.

Last edited by bigallis1; 21st-November-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 21st-November-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
'71 Nova SS
(OP)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinshadows View Post
O K ....... I just looked at " lifeline62 " post.......

so , start your 'post' with "name & location & year Nova .....

maybe, we have other NOVA FANS close to our home, of other family members that could be Nova owners as well

Jim .... here in CHINO VALLEY, AZ.
'69 2dr Arizona car bought new in Phoenix. I've owned this car for 21 yrs. , and will never be sold.
250 I-6 , stock motor, with factory A/C ( powerglide car..... going to GM
T 5 trans).

jim
Now that's a good idea Jim in Chino Valley.
I'm Frank from Wind Lake WI., and I bought my '71 Nova SS new in 1971. It's as original as original can be. I did add the date correct Rally II's about 4 yrs ago.

Old 22nd-November-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
72Novass

Title: Nova Junior Member
Erick, Gatineau, Québec, Canada.

Have had my '72 Nova for 12 plus years.

Originally a 250 6 cyl and 3-speed on the column, had a 350 SB with Saginaw but now swapped a Muncie in.

P/S, Manual brakes had drums all around, now with 2 piston calipers/rotors from SSBC.

Needs TLC on the body/repaint. Suggestions for bodyshops in my area?

Looking forward to find locals.
Old 22nd-November-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
rennova

Nova(s): 1974 nova
Justin here
From soth west of montreal quebec
1974 nova owned for 20 years now bough her off my grandfather who bought the car brand new from a local dealer
Originally 6cyl 4 wheel drum.....
Now 427 bbc, hotchkis suspension, front disc havent got to the rears yet.
Next project fitech throttlebody fuel injection just removed the tank which is in prestine condition for that old of car.

To the fellow quebecer looking for autobody shops in our area.... it all depends on how much you want to spend. If you want it done right you have to fork over the dough. Check out ccr classic car retorations in st-catherines qc. They do beautiful quality work.
Old 22nd-November-2017, 01:40 PM   #8
Twinshadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by '71 Nova SS View Post
Now that's a good idea Jim in Chino Valley.
I'm Frank from Wind Lake WI., and I bought my '71 Nova SS new in 1971. It's as original as original can be. I did add the date correct Rally II's about 4 yrs ago.
I see you 'Did Get' your "ROTM" title, Frank .....

Very Cool, for a Cool Nova SS .....

jim
Old 2nd-December-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
Nova2964spd

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1972, 296 cuin sbc, Hemi
I'm also in Frank. Mine is a 72 and the first Nova I have owned. I just recently acquired it. It is an automatic drag car that I'm converting over to a stick. I have a, well you could say a little different eng/trans combo then most. 296 cuin and a Chrysler hemi A833 4 speed that's faceplated by Liberty gears. I hope to fit the group ok as I have always wanted a 3rd gen and finally have done so. Thanks for dedicated threads for the 3rd gens.
Old 2nd-December-2017, 07:27 PM   #10
1972novabill

Title: Nova Newbie
Garage
1972 Nova SS Bill in Clinton Ohio

Hello all, I have had my Dad's Nova he bought brand new in 1970. It was green with green interior, 307 with TH350 and 10 bolt. I drove it through high school until it was totaled in a bad wreck one day on my way to work. I then bought a '71 SS 350 muncie 4-spd 12-bolt posi with 3.08 gears. It was pretty rough but I had big plans for it. Then I happened on my current '72 SS. I am the 3rd owner. It is originally from VA. The 2nd owner bought it from the original owner and brought from VA to OH to sell. I sold the '71 to help pay for the '72. I paid $3500 for it in 1988. It was all original and had 50k miles on it. It was my daily driver for few years and then I was able to get a work car and park my Nova. It then began multiple phases of changes over the years. It is currently undergoing is biggest upgrade. I think a 3rd gen thread is a great idea.

Bill

Old 3rd-December-2017, 11:01 AM   #11
Vince83

Nova(s): 1972 Nova ss
Another fellow Québécois here from south shore and also have a 72 nova although not running right now since I blew up my engine last year so got a new one and well now it’s winter ? funny story ordered some Wilwood brakes with all red Calipers and guess what they sent red rear and black front of course ! You’d think for 2000 bucks American they would maybe get it right now need to deal with that but seems like a lot of novas around mtl hope too see them all this summer !
Old 3rd-December-2017, 12:55 PM   #12
Twinshadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972novabill View Post
Hello all, I have had my Dad's Nova he bought brand new in 1970. It was green with green interior, 307 with TH350 and 10 bolt. I drove it through high school until it was totaled in a bad wreck one day on my way to work. I then bought a '71 SS 350 muncie 4-spd 12-bolt posi with 3.08 gears. It was pretty rough but I had big plans for it. Then I happened on my current '72 SS. I am the 3rd owner. It is originally from VA. The 2nd owner bought it from the original owner and brought from VA to OH to sell. I sold the '71 to help pay for the '72. I paid $3500 for it in 1988. It was all original and had 50k miles on it. It was my daily driver for few years and then I was able to get a work car and park my Nova. It then began multiple phases of changes over the years. It is currently undergoing is biggest upgrade. I think a 3rd gen thread is a great idea.

Bill
Bill ....... that's cool about having your Dad's car. I still have my Dad's old P/U , after all these years ....... '53 International , that I got after he passed back in '76 ....... and drove that truck everywhere for years ( it's on a chevy chassis with a '68 chevy 250 six)

SO, this thread has seen 185 views ...... and growing --- I hope ---

Thanks , everybody , for looking ........ it can & will get bigger & better

jim
Old 3rd-December-2017, 08:12 PM   #13
Doug42343

Nova(s): 74 2dr nova
3gen nova

I am in Frank. I have my wifes 74 coupe,that we drove some after we got married. It sat for 18yrs. out side with out being moved. I am about 3yrs. in to a total rebuild. Thanks Doug!
Old 3rd-December-2017, 10:07 PM   #14
DannyB

Nova(s): 1973 2-Door
1973 From KY

Count me in!
Danny here from Elizabethtown, KY.
'73 2 door coupe that I bought a little over a year ago
Rebuilding the original 350 and buttoning it back up to the original TH350. All the number will match, just with new guts.
Old 4th-December-2017, 09:57 AM   #15
'71 Nova SS
(OP)

Garage
My thanks to all who are joining in our little group here. It might amount to something yet! We can friend all who have responded here. I think that would be an easy way to know who's in and interested. Or just refer back to this thread.
A big thank you to Twinshadows (Jim), and to bigallis1 (Jim) who started this with me.
Also a big welcome to our newest members, 72Novass (Erick), rennova (Justin), Nova2974spd (?), 1972novabill (Bill), Vince83 (Vince?), Doug42343 (Doug), and DannyB (Danny).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement