Pictures Needed Of A L79 Motor & Compartment - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Originality

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 20th-February-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
Chip Beck
(OP)

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 66 SS
Pictures Needed Of A 66 L79 Motor & Compartment

I need some pictures of a 66 L79 motor and motor compartment. If anyone has some they want to share; my email address is [email protected].

Thanks for the help.
Chip

Last edited by Chip Beck; 20th-February-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20th-February-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
NovaResource

Nova(s): 1976

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NovaResource; 20th-February-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 20th-February-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
BOGIE

Return Spring

Scott..... Bob (CdnL79) & I have always had a laugh about the "White throttle return spring????????? Your shot is Carl Riegger's car, right?? I heard he has since sold it?? Maybe gone thru a couple of hands so far?? Here's another one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BOGIE; 18th-July-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Old 21st-February-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
SparkysSS

Air Cleaner Off

Seems like all the pics of guys showing thier L79's have the air cleaner in place. It would be nice to see a couple with the air cleaner off, to see the other various L79 details up top.
Old 21st-February-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
BOGIE

Did You Say.. Original??

Maybe this is what you're lookin' for?? This one is basically untouched original!!
Bogie

Old 21st-February-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
BOGIE

Close up !!

How about detail?? This is Bob's L79........ Anything in particular you are needing pics of ???
Bogie

Old 21st-February-2006, 10:52 AM   #7
BOGIE

From The Pass. Side !!

Here's another......... not, the only basic difference is I have a lower mounted alternator..(not stock!)

Old 22nd-February-2006, 01:16 AM   #8
1fasbu

Title: Nova Senior Member
carb/intake

bogus: did you find a correct carb or is there another holley alternative that is close that I could use? Do you have the right intake (snowflake)?
Any suggestions on a close alternative? I'm thinking about building a L-79 for my car complete with dress-ups. No, I will not spend $700 us for a carb, just something that is close would be great.
Thanks, Floyd.

Old 22nd-February-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
SparkysSS

L79 Vent Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus/ClonerL79
How about detail?? This is Bob's L79........ Anything in particular you are needing pics of ???
Bogie
Bogie, the picture you posted is great help. Could you show a good picture of the L79 Rear Oil Vent Tube and Right side upper Spark Plug wire support. It would be a great help, Thanks !!
Old 22nd-February-2006, 11:17 AM   #10
BOGIE

Here's a pic that might help !!....... fasbu, I have a Holley 3367 carb which is identical to the 3345, and it is still available new from Holley!! Yes on the "490" L79 intake. Bob (CdnL79) has one for sale, I believe!!
Bogie

Old 22nd-February-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
BOGIE

Or this pic!!

Old 22nd-February-2006, 11:36 AM   #12
CDAN 66

Nova(s): 66 CDAN & 66 Sport coupe
L/S please

Ric, While your at it do you mind a pic of the return spring set-up and how it's mounted to the bracket on the intake.I have seen a few different set-ups and would like to see how yours is. Thanks tom
Old 22nd-February-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
BOGIE

The bracket is an L79 item and was fabbed by Frank (novacars) copied from his original. I think we saw one on e-bat go for hugh bucks!! Easy to make up!! Still don't know if the "White" spring is correct, I just do it to bug my buddy Bob... (who has a chrome one !!)

Bogie

Last edited by BOGIE; 28th-January-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 22nd-February-2006, 12:23 PM   #14
BOGIE

And this one....... Bogie

Last edited by BOGIE; 28th-January-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 22nd-February-2006, 12:44 PM   #15
CDAN 66

Nova(s): 66 CDAN & 66 Sport coupe
Thanks !

That's great service!I have seen the 2 bolt type which I think is corvette?and paragon has 4 diff per engine application carb v/s fuel injection etc. Thanks for the pix .Tom (I think they have red & Blue springs if you want to mess with him ,get out the old rattle cans and have some real fun. Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement