1974 Nova LS2 Project - Page 113 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 3rd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 2nd-August-2019, 04:57 PM   #1681
Twinshadows

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1969 2-door,OFFY Holley,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS CHEVY II View Post
Get one of those $20 IR heat guns. Check the cylinder heads at a few spots.
Cheap insurance .... just throw in the car for back-up ........
to check your engine temp against your gauge readings .
sure can't hurt ...... and, a good new tool.

jim

SIX-In - a - ROW MAKES -'em - GO
250 - w/OFFY Intake, Holley 390 - 4bbl, W/C T 5 - 3.08 Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6th-August-2019, 07:42 AM   #1682
rquad
(OP)

Nova(s): 1974 Hatchback LS2
Garage
Distraction

I admit to a "slight" distraction from the Nova. See it here:

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forum...d.php?t=666427

I moved the Nova out of the man-cave and into our main garage to make room for the new toy. My daily driver now sits out in the weather.

But the Nova is not forgotten. It may be next week before I get back to it, but after a few more pieces of trim are installed I'll post up the "almost finished" photos.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13th-August-2019, 02:37 PM   #1683
rquad
(OP)

Garage
Tiny progress, and a test

I got the windshield trim installed. Other than that, my distraction has kept me from the Nova except for one outing. I took some friends for a ride in the Nova and tried a full-throttle run from First to Second. I was careful not to spin taking off, but I had it on the floor going into Second and the car chirped the tires but didn't do a full spin like with the 4.10 gears. It *may* have been the extra weight of 4 people in the car, but I think the 3.54 gears have calmed down the torque. Acceleration in 2nd gear isn't as fun, but the car is a whole lot more drivable now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 15th-August-2019, 07:44 AM   #1684
rquad
(OP)

Garage
Several little things

When the car was in the shop having a vent tube put in the rear end, the rear view mirror had fallen off when I picked it up. I don't know if this was something the shop did, or if it was from sitting out in the sun. I've always had trouble with aftermarket glue keeping a mirror on. I tried putting it back on this time with clear Gorilla Glue. I have had good luck with their other products, so we'll see how this works.

I finally bought some epoxy for the Nova fender emblems. I experimented with one last night. It needs a day to cure. If it's holding good this evening, I'll put the other one on. I used JB Weld. It's made for metal, but I have no idea if it's the right product.

The wiper arms have been off since the car was painted. I've waited to install them until I got new wiper blades, but that turned out to be a wild goose chase. Somewhere along the way, my blade holders were replaced with Bosch units. I can't figure out how to get them off, and the people at the local parts store weren't able to help me. I'll play with these some more, but I may have to swallow my pride and take it to a mechanic. Sigh.

I finally got around to cleaning up the oil spill in the garage from where the rear end barfed a month or so ago. Lazy, I know, but I finally got it done. The garage is still a bit of a mess with trim parts laying around everywhere, and tools left over from when I installed the new cooling fan. I cleaned up just a bit, but I just hate cleaning and organizing. It's lots more fun to make a mess.

Finally, I ordered a car cover. I found that I was collecting way too much dust even though the car stays in a fully enclosed garage.

Next on my agenda is to get the rear quarter window parts painted. These are the parts I had powder coated so there would be a good base for paint. Maybe I'll have time to deliver those parts to the shop before they close today.
Old 16th-August-2019, 02:18 PM   #1685
rquad
(OP)

Garage
Epoxy for emblems

The JB Weld seems to work for sticking the Nova fender emblems on without nuts on the posts. I tugged at the one on the passenger side and it seems tight. So, I put the other one on today, and I have to give it 24 hours to cure.

Our garage door mechanism busted, so the Nova is stuck inside for now. It's a double-wide solid wood door, so not something I can handle myself. I have a guy coming out next week to show us some decorative steel doors to replace the 26-year-old original.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement