Trying to locate antique green 1971 Chevrolet Nova - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Regional Chevy II/Nova Enthusiasts > North Eastern US

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10th-September-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
dynabyhd
(OP)

Title: Nova Newbie
Trying to locate antique green 1971 Chevrolet Nova

I know this is a longshot, but figured it was worth a try. Need help locating a 1971 antique green 2 door Chevy Nova that I owned for many years in Connecticut. At the time of sale the car had a black bench seat interior, Muncie M20 4 speed transmission, 350 V8, 12 bolt rear. It was sold to a person in Pleasant Valley CT in 1993, who later sold it to someone who worked at Jake Brake (Jacobs Vehicle Systems) in Bloomfield CT. VIN number of the car is 114271W333046.

Photo shows what the car looked like around the time of sale.

If the car is still available would be interested in purchasing it for a father/son project car.

If anyone has information on this Nova, I would greatly appreciate any help in locating.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10th-September-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
smackvay

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1972 2 dr 400/350 1971 4
pay to have a vin search done

super easy
Old 11th-September-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
neils63ss

Title: Nova Junior Member
Hi I see you have traced some history. As Smackya said there are web sites that will do the history of ownership. Usually for a fee. (nothing is free nowa days) With privacy laws the way they are today,you may not be permitted to access that info. All states are different! Did you reach out to the last known owner on your list. Sometimes 13 digit vins are some what hard to trace ownership...due to the way records were kept in the day. Unlike our overloaded lives today in the word of computers. I know the Nova resource site can decode the vin and firewall plate codes. There has to be an administrator to the site try and reach out to them. I hope you find your car! I actually have my 1st car an Ivy green 1963 Nova SS I bought it in 1980. Good luck with your search! If I can help you in anyway just ask. I almost sold my car numerous times but had sellers remorse and just couldn't do it. You can't get rid of part of your youth and lets not to forget the memories...oh if that car could talk. LOL Don't give up if there is no salvage record it's still out there. I just thought of something you may not be able to find the most recent owner, but you might be able to see if the car was junked/taken off the road etc... Again good luck! Let us know if you find it.

Old 11th-September-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
BLYOTH

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1968
I would say the chances of finding that exact car are not that great but I wouldn't let that stop a father/son project. Since you have such a good photo of it I would post it up in the garage, find a 70 Nova project car and start trying to recreate exactly what you had.
Old 11th-September-2019, 09:46 PM   #5
dynabyhd
(OP)

Title: Nova Newbie
Thank your for the suggestions. I have not had any luck coming up with a reputable VIN search company online. Most will not deal with older 13 digiit VINs. Going to give this post some time and hoping that someone here might have seen this car. I have received suggestions on hiring a PI to find the car as they have access to info that we don't.

I have also received some info that I have yet to confirm that the car may have been bought by someone from Idaho, so it may no longer be in CT. Hoping for a good lead even though many years have passed.

I think it would be unique to get the car back and restore it with my son, but if that does not happen in time we will look for another 70-72 4speed Nova to work on.
Old 14th-September-2019, 03:14 PM   #6
brickyardboy

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 1969 2 dr
This may be a long shot, but, about 3 or 4 years ago, I remember a dark green, unrestored 2 dr third gen. Nova that came to our cruise occasionally. Our cruise was in Westfield, MA (I've since moved to Myrtle Beach). I think it was a 4 spd, 350 as well. I believe the owner was a used car dealer from either Western MA or CT. You can contact Gary Francis, who operates the Westfield Cruisers, where he may have some info on that car, because he knew the owner.
[email protected]
I can't remember Gary's phone number, but if you talk to him, you can tell him that you had talked to me (Bill Belisle).
Like I mentioned, it may be a long shot, but worth the try. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement