Chevy Nova Forum banner

BF Goodrich blowout

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rquad 
#1 ·
Tire blew out parked in garage. Called BF GOODRICH because tire out of warranty they told me to just buy a new tire didn't care about pictures or it was parked when it happened. no dry rot or damage. Luckily no damage to fender. I will never buy there tires again. Customer service sucked

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Auto part

See less See more
#2 ·
i've ran alot of BFG's in different sizes an tread designs an have never even had a flat tire. i have 4 on my nova right now that were made in 2015. its bad that happened but good it was parked in your garage. what is the date on the tire ?

#3 ·
I've heard many tire manufacturers state 7 years is the longest tires should be left on a car or trailer, regardless of treadware. Obviously there are many factors that affect tire life. It looks like the the belt broke. Many things can cause this like sun, heat, overspeed, freezing, underpressure, overpressure, sitting in the same spot (flat spotting), etc..
That said, I've also run BFG radial T/A's and never had an issue.

#4 ·
Just ask Discount Tire

Just ask Discount Tire if they'll even touch a tire that's more than 5 years old.
The only thing they're willing to do is remove it to install a new one.

The tires today aren't made to stick around like the old tires in the past.
I've learned to read DOT codes on tires now, just for that reason.
I've just about got to the point I will not buy a used tire.

#6 ·
I guess maybe you just got a bad tire. I've got BFG's on my car. They sat out in the weather in the beginning of my project, and then they sat in the garage for a long time after that (always on the car). Once I got my Nova running, I've done some pretty hard launches with them and a few severe 1-2 gear shifts with tires spinning. No troubles, and the tires have to be at least 6 years old now.

Your tire was out of warranty, so what did you expect from BFG? It shouldn't have blown out like that, and you could argue there should have been a better/longer warranty, but it's not like the company is refusing service on an in-warranty tire. If your other three tires are good, just chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.