Chevy Nova Forum banner

Which wheels look best

7K views 37 replies 33 participants last post by  71 Fathom Blue 
#1 ·
Which wheels look best...the grey torque thrusts or Budniks.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
If you are going for a more modern look with a little more "pop", I would select the Budniks.
If you are going for an updated "classic" look that is a little more subtle, then go with the Torque Thrust.

Out of these two, I personally like the Torque Thrust. I agree that they fit the overall look of this car better.

#14 ·
This is more of a subjective personal taste kind of thing. So with that said, to me the overall stance is what I look at and the wheels come into play as part of that part of the visual package.. I like the rear wheels tucked more into the rear wheel houses and a more level ride height type of stance. This conceals the top part of the wheel and makes the mind work to put that whole wheel there. Think of it like automotive cleavage. The reveal is in the mind and the absence of visual information makes the mind work to put it there. This is a case of “Less is more”. So to me either wheel would be more visually interesting if you saw less of it.. But that’s just me..:D

#16 ·
Torque Thrusts pull the look of the car together better in my opinion; it looks like it was a well-thought-out step to finish up a look. Timeless styling paired with modern sizing for a neat and tidy approach.

The chrome Budniks are neat, but they look kind of like an afterthought; more like someone just had them laying around and they just fit the car. They kind of disappear under the car due to their finish, and are a little bit "loud" compared to the rest of the understated exterior.

#23 · (Edited)
I can’t find a better look than torque thrusts for my 67.
I say either keep both and switch from time to time or I’d personally run the TT.
Hard to beat. People used to say they didn’t like 69 camaros because everyone has one. I have one of those too! Lol

TT are hard to beat on these cars!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.