Chevy Nova Forum banner

4 Door Chevy ti beii Nova Rims and tires

827 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  acd65post 
#1 ·
Hello, was looking at rims and talking to a guy at are local go shop, We ordered 15x7 Rims. I saw a lot of threads the offset needs to be 4.5, but he told me the offset can be 0 offset, as well we will be going with 235x60x15 is the wheel size we will be going with. I am just concerned about the offset. Is the 4.5 offset needed on the rims or can it be 0?

#2 ·
A 15x7 wheel with zero offset will cause you all kind of problems both front and rear.. My car is lowered about 2” and my wheels are all 15x7 with 4.5” of backspace and 225/60/15s mounted on the rear. They rub going around corners.. My fronts are 205/60/15 and they mostly have no issues cept occasionally some minor contact when turning while backing.. With 7” wide wheels 4.5” backspace is the minimum you you should have and 4.75” would be better especially if wider tires are desired..

Attachments

#3 ·
0 offset is about 4 inches of backspace on a 7 inch wheel. There are calculators online that do the conversion for you. 4.75 backspace on a 7inch wheel is about 20mm of offset iirc. 4.5 backspace works but 4.75 is better. Im running 4 5/8 backspace because that was all the company could do for the wheels I wanted. Im running a 215 up front and a 225 in the rear. I could probably do a 235 in the rear without issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.