Unlimited prouducts fiberglass QUALITY? - Page 3 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Drag Racing Forum

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 27th-January-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
Sanbravo

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1966 nova. It used to be
I have had a few Harwood products over the years and never had any trouble. Their American-made product, so that's were something to me I'm sure there's other manufacturers that are good that since what I've been familiar with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27th-January-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
bowtie0069

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 69
I spoke with Kevin (Unlimiteds new owner) at Pomona, and he says the stuff they are producing now is far better than the old days. I haven't seen any of it right out of the molds, but several PSCA cars are running his stuff and look good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 29th-January-2013, 10:06 PM   #33
Chris G

Nova(s): 1964
We have an unlimted cowl on our silver Nova, It fits pretty good and was fairly straight. I've seen and used worse. I like the fact they make a 3-1/2" cowl instead of 4", that 1/2" less really changes the look ..............

We went with all Glasstek for our 64, should be here any day

Old 29th-January-2013, 10:40 PM   #34
jkperformance

Title: Readers Club
Nova(s): 1962 400 2 door sedan Dra
hoods

I have had a couple of Glasstek hoods for Novas. My son has one on his 69 Impala (the largest hood ever) and the quality and fit has alway been very good. Just bougt one for my 62 Nova 2 weeks ago. Robert is a good guy to deal with. When it comes to body parts you will ALWAYS be dissappointed with the cheapest.
Old 1st-February-2013, 06:44 PM   #35
tannerman

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): '64 Sedan '66 Sedan
I needed a higher hood for my '64 temporarily and didn't want to drop a ton on a hood for this car as I'm building another for race only. Easy solution was to go with Unlimited and work with what I got. I was very pleasantly surprised with what I received for my "money spent and application". I did not have to do much to get a finished product for what I needed.
Yes If I spent more I would have received a different product. I have looked at and seen glass from others and the price tags associated with them. There is some very good products out there but have your wallet ready. For the record, my new car is glasstek. Here is the Unlimited hood.
Attached Images

Old 26th-December-2016, 09:18 PM   #36
chevyfan

Nova(s): 63 nova
bump, old thread and looking at an unlimited 3 1/2 cowl hood for the 63. Any current buyers??? AKA and now named UP22...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chevyfan; 30th-December-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 14th-January-2017, 12:49 PM   #37
lump

Title: Nova Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie0069 View Post
I spoke with Kevin (Unlimiteds new owner) at Pomona, and he says the stuff they are producing now is far better than the old days. I haven't seen any of it right out of the molds, but several PSCA cars are running his stuff and look good.
Of course he will tell you it's good. He owns it.

I had him make a hood and deck for a 64. Carbon. It was not carbon (although it had a layer of it on top of presumably fiberglass) it was heavy as F... like 20 lbs versus about 5 for ultra carbon. The finish was GARBAGE. It didn't fit. It was completely unusable.

Still have the decklid - it's too bad to even sell to someone with a good conscience. I have photos of the abortion hood here somewhere...

100% garbage!!
Old 16th-January-2017, 03:46 PM   #38
383Nova

Still Junk I feel

I sent a request for the bolt on nova fenders, inside and out of the actual one. It's been months and still no pics.

I can only wonder why. I bought a set back in the day and they sucked, no way you could bolt them on to anything yet alone a nova.
Old 16th-January-2017, 06:47 PM   #39
DERYL ATANASU

Nova(s): 76' NOVA SS 383/tko600
About 7 yrs. ago I bought a 2 in. cowl hood from them, exterior finish and fit was great, underside does not look pretty. About 4 yrs. ago, they were looking for front and rear bumpers from a 4th gen. to make molds. I sent them mine at their cost (both ways) and they gave me a free set. Fit finish, inside and out was amazing!

quickest 4th gen in Fairfield CA
[email protected]
Old 16th-January-2017, 08:12 PM   #40
Jeff 1963

Nova(s): 1963 Nova SS 1966 Nova
I have had a couple of glasstec hoods, the fit and finish have been great.
Old 19th-January-2017, 10:12 PM   #41
davidr5610

Nova(s): 1970 Nova, 1971 Nova
My Dad bought an Unlimited Products 2 inch, race weight pin on cowl hood for his 64 Nova back in 2005. Fit perfectly, minimal prep, he still runs it and it still looks good to this day. He's repainted it black a few times since 05 though.
Old 6th-September-2019, 06:40 AM   #42
blownhemi

Nova(s): SP383 Crate Motor 4 sp.
In the early 90's I got a hood from them for my '84 Camaro & it fit good & looked good... So figured I'd get one for my '70 Nova. Bad idea, it fits ok but the cowl is 2 1/2" high on one side & 2 3/4" high on the other. It drives me crazy to look at it & it's right in my line of sight when I'm driving... I'm going to order a Harwood. Buy once, cry once...
Old 6th-September-2019, 08:52 AM   #43
YENKO DEUCE REG

Nova(s): 1970 Yenko Deuce 1969 Super Sport
We've heard far too many horror stories, so we went with Fiber Concepts in Warminster, PA for a stinger hood that we might use later on my son's '69 SS (if he decides to remove the dual quads....) It's a quality unit, which I expect for $550!

http://fiberpartsconcepts.com/1279645.html
Attached Images

Old 7th-September-2019, 02:29 AM   #44
blownhemi

Nova(s): SP383 Crate Motor 4 sp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YENKO DEUCE REG View Post
We've heard far too many horror stories, so we went with Fiber Concepts in Warminster, PA for a stinger hood that we might use later on my son's '69 SS (if he decides to remove the dual quads....) It's a quality unit, which I expect for $550!

http://fiberpartsconcepts.com/1279645.html
Thank You! I'm going to call them Monday. Their web page says "Hoods are primarily show quality but can be used for everyday driving"... Almost sounds to good to be true but then your hood is awesome! Bill
Old 10th-September-2019, 10:39 PM   #45
FrankyM

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 66 coupe-AZ project
Garage
Unlimited

When I started my build in 2011, I ordered fenders and bumpers from them. The fenders did not have enough flange material to drill mounting holes. I am mounting the bumpers. They have the general look but are far from what the originals look like. I wanted to go with a glass hood for weight saving, but ended up with an AMD steel hood because of the price difference between that and a quality glass piece

Sponsored Links
Advertisement