73 nova window trim - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Body and Interior

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th-September-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
brianfulcher15
(OP)

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1973 SS
73 nova window trim

Hey guys,

I need new outer seals for the windows on my 73 nova. i need these for both front and rear. What are my options for keeping the rear window still functioning? my rear windows work without issue, just need to replace the cracked rubber on the outside of the front windows, and need new front felt, and then outer rubber on the rear window, and want the rear window to still roll up and down.

If you could pelase adviase a kit that would do all the windows, im not sure if what these are actually called, i assume they are called window seals, but not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th-September-2019, 08:41 PM   #2
brianfulcher15
(OP)

also what is the correct name for the part that goes in the top of the window and down the back, I figured out that the part at the bottom is called window felt trim.
Old 8th-September-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
brianfulcher15
(OP)

I looked at my rear quarters, looks like I need the bottom outer and top seals on both, my front felts are good.

On my doors I need inner and outer on the bottom, and the seal that goes around the top, and down the back

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Old 10th-September-2019, 10:25 PM   #4
ernest79

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1974
I have a 74 and my understand is that there isn't a replacement for the rear windows that will keep them functional. The replacements make the window stationary. I'm not to the point in my build yet to have to figure something out, but I wonder if the "stationary" kit could be combined with some oem parts to make the window roll up and down..
Old 11th-September-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
ProjectX

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1973 Nova 2 Door
Garage
I actually never roll the rears down. I always hate how they look broken when rolled down. I really wish GM made them go all the way down like other cars.

1973 Nova

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11th-September-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
brianfulcher15
(OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectX View Post
I actually never roll the rears down. I always hate how they look broken when rolled down. I really wish GM made them go all the way down like other cars.
Yea that is pretty lame. There is plenty of room for them to roll all the way down.

I really only have to have to bottom outer felt. The top channel on mine seems to be ok just the chrome piece is rusted. And the felt pieces on the front are in good shape

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement